300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk Grove Village?

Anyone else pass the interview phase? I just recieved a packet for my background investigation. It said to return quickly, so I'm guessing that's a good sign.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from them?

I tested, I fuc##3 up the oral interview. I gotta say that was one of the hardest oral interview so far for me.

Comment

Did you make it??

Originally posted by BD1984 View Post
      Anyone else pass the interview phase? I just recieved a packet for my background investigation. It said to return quickly, so I'm guessing that's a good sign.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from them?

Comment

The chief of EGV is a family friend who recently spoke with my dad about the PD's financial state. They are currently down 10 officers with 2 additional retiring by the end of this month. There is no current budget to hire any additional officers at this time or for the foreseeable future.

The one positive is that they have not and are not planning to lay off any current officers.

Comment

Originally posted by AWE22 View Post
          The chief of EGV is a family friend who recently spoke with my dad about the PD's financial state. They are currently down 10 officers with 2 additional retiring by the end of this month. There is no current budget to hire any additional officers at this time or for the foreseeable future.

The one positive is that they have not and are not planning to lay off any current officers.
          Actually, they just threatened to lay off a bunch or have contract concessions.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=376638
          Public works, police and fire union employees voluntarily agreed to forgo 3.25 percent pay raises that would have gone into effect May 1. The three unions jointly amount to roughly 80 percent of the village's 350 employees, including part-time staff and summer help. The pay freeze saves the village $850,000.
          Last edited by AxleFoley; 05-16-2010, 11:32 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

message deleted
            Last edited by LEJ2010; 06-10-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEJ2010 View Post
              Very difficult Department to get hired on. They make you work for it. Def my top 5 hardest Departments to make list.
              What does that mean? Don't they have a test and an interview like most everybody else?

Comment

Elk Grove Village tests like everyone else, but in my opinion they have the highest rate of nepotism seen anywhere. I think that makes the oral interview process extremely difficult. You need to be the blood of someone. Maybe AWE22 will have a shot.

Elk Grove Village is a hard place to watch with their economic troubles. Someone needs to step up and get Mayor Johnson out of there so he stops blowing all of the village's money on foolish things (bike race, fighting o'hare expansion, etc).

Comment

message deleted
                  Last edited by LEJ2010; 06-10-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Well I have no desire to work for them, and I am not a blood relative of anyone within the department. I do agree from what I know, that both Police and Fire in EGV are very family oriented. There are a few father son combos throughout what is not a huge department.

Comment

what happened at niles? couldn't make it to that one

Comment

The Mayor, Chief, 99.9 of Officers appear to have RED Hair, Red face. Seems like the same genes are required over and over.

There is over 100 full time officers in a village with a population around 35,000 paper work on all calls to justify the large number of officers.

The village can save money by using part timers. But that's a big no no part timers are seen as a risk. Risk to what ????

Comment

The risk is PT's can be used to take away OT from full timers. They can get thrown into special details they shouldn't do. Basically a Village sees it as a way to save money by using weekend warriors when full timers should be on the street. Both for safety and for knowledge. A PT'er can never take the spot of a FT guy unless the PT'er is already the Police somewhere else.
                          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Results have been coming in today and will continue into tomorrow. Top 100 scorers will be interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by ModerateLiberal View Post
                              Results have been coming in today and will continue into tomorrow. Top 100 scorers will be interviewed.
                              I take it that you made the top 100....Thanks to me, I saw you peaking at my sheet! lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5498 users online. 305 members and 5193 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X