300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
    They do, but look what they start their PO's at...if you look at the NYPD Recruit website it says 43,000 starting in 2009...u know what 43K can get u in NYC? A Studio Dump in a bad area...The NYPD hook is that u get a FULL pension after 20 years. What I HEAR NYPD does is run there academies like shifts, people go 8AM-4pm, 4pm to 12AM and 12AM to 8AM. But what I also heard that if you are not from NY, good luck getting on without juice, try to learn the streets of NYC if your not from there....it will take u years!

Over 90k after 5.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cable View Post
      Over 90k after 5.5 years.
      If your not bankrupt by then They do make good coin after 5 years, but CPD makes in 1 yr what they make in 3.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
        If your not bankrupt by then They do make good coin after 5 years, but CPD makes in 1 yr what they make in 3.

My father-in-law is a 15 year guy there. when he started the starting pay was 24k. They got a huge increase because the surrounding suburbs were paying twice the salary. Now clearing 100k. He says new officers average 16k in o.t. You'd be alright, but TIRED AS HECK! At least until you get some seniority.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10083 users online. 369 members and 9714 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X