Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, alot of leo's think that they are god's gift to earth. Never done anything wrong, and once they get into the "club", look down on anyone else. Their vomit (words) about reasons that others shouldn't be accepted disgust me. Half of them got on the job many moons ago when it was much easier. Use of tools to disqualify people that aren't proven should result in a lawsuit (poly).
    Cityblusuit, in what planet would showing up late to a job at taco bell with a slopply uniform 13 years ago make you a poor candidate to be a police officer? Insubordination at Taco Bell? Are you kidding me? People like you make me sick. I guess since your in, you dont give a **** if anyone else makes it.

Comment

Or the fact that if you fail something to get hired on one department, then you shouldn't be hired. I guess I only get one chance. Fat ******* he is. These cops act like saint marys. All of the cops I ever met and know have done something that would disqualify them if the disclosed it. Most are fine officers now. People change and mature. They should be given a chance, within reason, to prove they can do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulligan00 View Post
        You know, alot of leo's think that they are god's gift to earth. Never done anything wrong, and once they get into the "club", look down on anyone else. Their vomit (words) about reasons that others shouldn't be accepted disgust me. Half of them got on the job many moons ago when it was much easier. Use of tools to disqualify people that aren't proven should result in a lawsuit (poly).
        Cityblusuit, in what planet would showing up late to a job at taco bell with a slopply uniform 13 years ago make you a poor candidate to be a police officer? Insubordination at Taco Bell? Are you kidding me? People like you make me sick. I guess since your in, you dont give a **** if anyone else makes it.
        I dont know if you are writing out of frustration or simple ingorance. I never implied or believed anything about being gods gift and the rest of what you said. You want to be the police??? Remember cops are held to a higher standard especially when they screw up that is why they are made such a public example. There are lots of cops that havent gotten in trouble and held themselves to a higher standard even when the bar was low. If you took the time to read you would have caught the part about there are a variety of reasons why people are fired. I did speak of the one's that might preclude you from getting hired. People like you make me sick because you obviously hold CPD to a much lower standard. I assure you, try and apply to ISP or the FBI or the DEA or the Secret Service or the NSA or CIA or the many other alphabet agencies and use that lame excuse....about once you're in.....use that excuse and I promise you will forever be out.

I am just starting year twenty, been there, done that, seen it, heard it. I have already forgotten more than you know about wanting to be a cop.

Here is a novel idea, set a personal standard higher than the agency requires, maintain it and you wont have an excuse.

Polygraph and lawsuits??? Know of what you speak, otherwise keep mouth shut and learn something http://www.dol.gov/osbp/eppac.pdf .
        You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Actually i said being failed for the poly SHOULD result in a lawsuit. You basically sent me to a site that said it is illegal for most private jobs to poly you. Wonder why? Because the inaccuracy rate of those machines is too high. Im not writing out of personal frustration, only applied once to a dept and still in process. Still in school, so I can apply to other depts. You mean to tell me that if every cop on now was polygraphed, they would pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulligan00 View Post
            Actually i said being failed for the poly SHOULD result in a lawsuit. You basically sent me to a site that said it is illegal for most private jobs to poly you. Wonder why? Because the inaccuracy rate of those machines is too high. Im not writing out of personal frustration, only applied once to a dept and still in process. Still in school, so I can apply to other depts. You mean to tell me that if every cop on now was polygraphed, they would pass?
            Read a little further, like the next paragraph. It states that Government agencies, and by extension Law Enforcement are exempt and therefore cannot be sued. Misconception about the polygraph, just about anyone can pass a polygraph, even current cops can pass a poly. It measures truthfulness, it doesnt measure or judge what you did it is simply a tool to measure your truthful responses. If you are asked did you steal or did you have sex with animals and you answer truthfully then you pass the test. It looks for patterns of deception. The reality about a polygraph is that it is not telling the truth that fails you it is the gravity of whatever act you committed that axes you or if you are deceptive in your responses.
            You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

I tested for CPD in Feb. 06 and waited a whole year and a half for my results. I was bummed for a while, but after the second month of waiting tested for a suburban department and got hired. The hiring process for the suburban department took about 3 months, from start to oath ceremony. I was already a cop for almost a year, when CPD finally sent me a notice to continue the process. I did not continue with CPD and am glad that I did not, because of all the waiting and b.s. that goes with the department. All that wait that CPD puts the aplicants through is actualy hurting the department, because some get picked up by other departments, like me for example. My advice to all the CPD aplicants that are constantly writing here about "How long is it going to take?" "Did anyone receive any notice yet?" etc. is don't put all of your eggs in one basket and apply at other departments. CPD is losing alot of good aplicants due to the long hiring process and look what kind of aplicants they are left with: gangbangers, drug dealers, etc. Just my 2 cents, sorry if I've offended any CPD officers here, I'm sure you're fine coppers and stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer View Post
                I tested for CPD in Feb. 06 and waited a whole year and a half for my results. I was bummed for a while, but after the second month of waiting tested for a suburban department and got hired. The hiring process for the suburban department took about 3 months, from start to oath ceremony. I was already a cop for almost a year, when CPD finally sent me a notice to continue the process. I did not continue with CPD and am glad that I did not, because of all the waiting and b.s. that goes with the department. All that wait that CPD puts the aplicants through is actualy hurting the department, because some get picked up by other departments, like me for example. My advice to all the CPD aplicants that are constantly writing here about "How long is it going to take?" "Did anyone receive any notice yet?" etc. is don't put all of your eggs in one basket and apply at other departments. CPD is losing alot of good aplicants due to the long hiring process and look what kind of aplicants they are left with: gangbangers, drug dealers, etc. Just my 2 cents, sorry if I've offended any CPD officers here, I'm sure you're fine coppers and stay safe.
                Sounds like the NYPD with their gangbangers, perps and mopes they are hiring. The only thing with NYPD is the waiting process from the test to being sworn in is a total of 6 to 8 months. Really short

Comment

They went on talking about this in the paper yesterday.
                  God forbid they hire someone that experimented with marijuana in high school and is honest about it!
                  These people are retarded.
                  Did our last president experiment with marijuana?
                  You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                    Did our last president experiment with marijuana?
                    And our current president did cocaine!

Not to sound like ignorant, but what is wrong if a person appeals the decision. For many years in Philly, good folks appealed their poly decision only to either have the civil service list expire or go through more bs. The poly does not measure truthfullness but rather algorithms to see if a person is trying to be deceitfull.

I know many folks who failed a poly who work as cops.
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Polygraph what?

BRIGHTON PARK | Off-duty officer killed himself, shot his children, police say!

Taken from todays Suntimes. So much for the Psychological. So sad that he reacted on the kids. If you are that ****ed shoot the wife not the kids, that is innocent blood spilled for no reason.

So why does CPD had psychologists? Shouldn't have they found something wrong with this guy in the tests. Maybe he wasn't military so they did not drill him with questions, and thought "hey he will be able to handle stress unlike these military guys that are ready to shoot things up".

Contrary to the pschologists belief, military members have rules of engagment to live by and follow. They have to know if and when to fire, they have to know who is shooting at them and where they are at. It is not just a free for all shoot em up and ask questions later. You have to have positive contact.

Well I guess I am just venting here! Maybe cause two innocent kids just got killed by an unstable man for no reason other than being his kids with the woman he was divorceing.

Last edited by ESCMarine; 09-16-2008, 12:45 PM. Reason: spell check

Comment

I've read and heard reports of the story several times. Not once did they mention his agency, are you sure he's CPD?
                        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
                          I've read and heard reports of the story several times. Not once did they mention his agency, are you sure he's CPD?
                          YUP.....Cop attacks family
                          BRIGHTON PARK | Off-duty officer killed himself, shot his children, police say

Recommend (22) Comments
                          September 16, 2008
                          BY ART GOLAB AND LISA DONOVAN Staff Reporters
                          An off-duty Chicago Police officer shot himself to death Monday morning after turning his gun on his two young children, killing one of them and leaving the other critically injured, authorities said.

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer View Post

Just had to add...yes some of us are a little foolish for waiting almost three years for this department to decide if they want to hire us. However, I think the wait is worth it, and to all the guys in the same situation I am, just want to say, it might be woth the wait... Think about it. the suburaban police departments may hire you faster, but that is the only "real" benefit compared to the CPD. The city does have its problems, but the oppertunity to advance in the career is scores above any suburban department. Patrolman, tactial officer, detective, mounted, marine, helocopter, and the list goes on and on. I believe there is also something called the "Fugitive reclamation team" or something to that effect. The point is if you are lucky in a suburban department you may retire as a sergeant. In the CPD if you do well, you may be off better. Whats more, you may not have to make a career of the CPD, once you secure your degree, and you have a good record, you might be more desireable to the three letter organizations...because of the experience of course. What would you want? An outstandind Chicago cop with a degree, who has seen and delt with every LE situation, or a cop with the same qualificatioins from Happyville IL?....I should be a recruiter!

Comment

I don't think it'd be fair to compare CPD to small suburban depts. when it comes to the hiring speed. But let's compare CPD to NYPD. Look at how much less time it takes for NYPD to get applicants through. And don't they have more testers?

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                                I don't think it'd be fair to compare CPD to small suburban depts. when it comes to the hiring speed. But let's compare CPD to NYPD. Look at how much less time it takes for NYPD to get applicants through. And don't they have more testers?
                                They do, but look what they start their PO's at...if you look at the NYPD Recruit website it says 43,000 starting in 2009...u know what 43K can get u in NYC? A Studio Dump in a bad area...The NYPD hook is that u get a FULL pension after 20 years. What I HEAR NYPD does is run there academies like shifts, people go 8AM-4pm, 4pm to 12AM and 12AM to 8AM. But what I also heard that if you are not from NY, good luck getting on without juice, try to learn the streets of NYC if your not from there....it will take u years!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10869 users online. 258 members and 10611 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X