Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildfire has a tasty Porterhouse steak for about 30 bucks. theres one in schaumburg and downtown.
    “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

If you are on the south side you HAVE to try Louies Chop house. I think it is one of the best kept secrets out this way. Its on 103rd just east of Cicero. Its a bit expensive, but not as bad as Lawry's.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
        ......... and that place on 111th in Worth that I can't remember right now, but I have eat at all of them and they are all good neighborhood options if you want to get out of the city.

Krapil's Steakhouse
        6600 W. 111th St.
        708-448-2012
        Good place...

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about Krapils......... REALLY good place!

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
            Wildfire has a tasty Porterhouse steak for about 30 bucks. theres one in schaumburg and downtown.

and one in Glenview

Comment

What about some north side/NW side neighborhood places? There used to be a place named Mr. Steer's on Milwaukee ave.. many said it was operated by the local Greek mob (not sure..) but they would offer a $9.99 Sirloin with baked potato, all you can eat soup and salad bar.. for the price it was excellent.

That place closed down a few years ago... anyone know of anything like that?

Comment

Agree about Gibson's, too. Excellent. Good bar, too.

Comment

Went to Sabatinos on Irving Park this past Sat. night and had a pretty good steak.

Otherwise, all of the places mentioned are very good.

Comment

It is a national chain but I frequent The Palm downtown at the Swissotel. There is also one in the north suburbs. They treat me very well there. Got engaged there also.

For a Chicago touch, I would also say the Webber Grill Restaurant. The Webber grill was invented in Chicago land and they do most of their cooking on real charcoal grills. There is one downtown and one in the west burbs that I know of. Not cheap but not as pricey as some other places mentioned.

I can also give a decent nod to Gibsons. The desserts are freakin huge. Pricey but worth it.

If you want a good burger downtown, stop by the Billy Goat Tavern. The source for the SNL skit with John Belushi. Chezboiger, Chezboiger, No Coke, Pepsi, etc.

Don't forget to get some pizza too. Uno's, Gino's, Girodano's, Lou Malnoti's, and others. I like Gino's and Giordano's myself.

Hot dogs too. Superdawg, Hot Dougs, Portillo's, The Weiner's Circle and others.
                    SPSC 262

Comment

Mortons, Chicago ... Magnums, Lombard ... Sullivans, Naperville.

Go with a bone in rib eye at any of then and you will be very happy.

Comment

"L"Woods in Lincolnwood makes a pretty good fillet mignon

Comment

A friend of mine tells me this place is great. It's not specifically a steakhouse, but I'm told it's world-class and among the very best fine dining restaurants in Chicago.

http://charlietrotters.com/restaurant/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10125 users online. 461 members and 9664 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X