300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Steakhouses

Any chance you guys can tip me into a good steakhouse out your way. Im going to visit for a few days and have always heard great things about the food out your way.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Lawry's Steakhouse is the best place in town. It's located in downtown Chicago. PLEASE BE AWARE - ITS EXPENSIVE. Ranging from $60 - $100 a plate. Regardless, the presentation and setting is worth the money. You'll enjoy yourself. Dress casual, otherwise you might be denied entry.
    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Gibbons (Jack Gibbons).
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

These are good, but kind of expensive:

chicagochophouse.com
        Haven't been there, but everyone I know who has, liked it.

http://www.thedrakehotel.com/dining_drake.aspx
        I like the informal dining on the promenade.

http://www.brguestrestaurants.com/re...house/menu.php
        [begin 1/2 sarcasm]I assume the hummingbird tongue salad won't set me back more than 5 or 10 thousand.[end 1/2 sarcasm]

I haven't been to Trader Vic's since back when it was in the Palmer House in the 1980s. It subsequently was closed and then reopened, but it's hard to imagine it not being good.

Also, in any of the commercial areas of Chicago, you're apt to have good luck with just walking around and picking someplace. The Chicago restaurant business is highly competitive, and restaurants have to be good to stay open.

If you want some more moderately priced places, or less opulence and formality, please PM or post again, and I'll be glad to post so suggestions. Do you have some things you could say about what you're looking for that might help with what might be suggested?

Regards,

Monty

Comment

Agree about Lawry's and Gibbons being excellent.

Comment

Lawry's is excellent, also Carmichaels on Monroe st in the west loop is not too bad either.

Comment

Sullivans, the ones that these guys have mentioned are all great but this one's got the #1 spot.

Comment

the ram, reasonably priced and a nice environment. actually in rosemont, west of river on higgins. sell half gallons of their own micro brew for 8 bucks as well, nice sports bar on site. also on the nw side is charlies charhouse which is absolutely amazing, dont dress like a construction worker, but you can get away with being casual. the address is 1180 W DEVON AVE, ELK GROVE VILLAGE. both of these places are within 20 minutes of ohare.

Comment

Ive been to the Chicago area a few times, mainly to visit Great Lakes (was there last year). I work for Amtrak, so Im coming in thru Union Station and will be staying a few blocks from there. Dont mind riding METRA/CTA to some of these places.

Comment

Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse
                    33 West Kinzie Street
                    Chicago, IL 60654

http://www.harrycarays.com/restaurants_chicago.html

Good stuff....really good stuff......

Comment

C'mon your missing the best ones!!!! Gibsons (not be confused with Gibbons) is outstanding but pricey.....Ruth's Chris is great, garlic butter that goes over the steak is excellent, right across the street from Sullivans.....Smith and Wollensky (SP), they have great Chops there too.....Lawreys is very good, but I didnt like the Chop House....Be warned, any of these places mentioned you'll need a reservations for, especially if you are in Chicago on the weekends.

Comment

How about some regular neighborhood joints where you can get a salad/soup bar, baked potato and a decent steak?

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
                          How about some regular neighborhood joints where you can get a salad/soup bar, baked potato and a decent steak?
                          Well not too many people who come in to visit Chicago tend to spend too much time in the surrounding neighborhoods but on the south side/south suburbs, there is Jennys, Louies, Bogarts, Gibbons, and that place on 111th in Worth that I can't remember right now, but I have eat at all of them and they are all good neighborhood options if you want to get out of the city.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have been to Ruth Chris before so Im familiar with their chops. I made a reservation for the chophouse as the atmosphere and decor lokks very nice. I also plan on going to the orginal UNO's but am trying to stay away from places like Applebee's TGI Fridays etc.

Comment

Gene and Georgettis at Illinois and Franklin I think. I went there before a Blackhawks game a few years age and the steak was fantastic. It's not cheap, for 4 of us the bill was over $350.00. Some of you guys from the City might be able to confirm the location, it's been awhile.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12427 users online. 457 members and 11970 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X