300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test/List Position Posting

I am new to the process of testing to become a police officer and looking for information. What, if any, are the rules governing the posting of a ranking list?

Thank you for your responses.

Usually the written test decides where you rank on the list. The department can decide how many candidates will be placed on a list. They also determine what score is required to be placed on the list. So departments go from the top of the list and work there way down. Others create a list and the sheriff picks who he wants from the pool. I know McHenry County does it that way. Some departments also have preference points for military, education, prior police experience. It is typically 5 points added to the written test OR the oral interview. From my experience each and every question is important on the written test. 1 question could cost you 20 places on a list.

Comment

Thanks. Actually, I know I was in the top ten, but I am trying to determine exactly where within that group I am. Is the list ever posted anywhere? I have heard that it is required to do so, but could be wrong.

Thanks you

Comment

I am top 10 on a list and the list was mailed to me. It is also posted in the lobby at the PD. I have had two lists mailed to me, and a few other departments have told me what number I am, but not the total number of candidates. Where are you top 10?

Comment

would that department by any chance be for North Lake PD? I saw an eligiblity list there

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11613 users online. 414 members and 11199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X