300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burbank Police Department

Does anyone have any information on this Police Department? Any information, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by TBauer24; 08-28-2008, 09:29 PM.

BAD BAD BAD, dad used to be a officer there

Comment

Originally posted by BravoRomeo View Post
      BAD BAD BAD, dad used to be a officer there
      I have to disagree from what I have heard/seen since I have been on the job, I don't know how long it's been since your Dad was there, but Burbank Cops ARE WORKERS. They have always backed us up at the CPD when we needed it. Down side is they are a small dept, when I went to the oreintation they had in 2006, they must have had 200 people in the room, they were looking for 1 person
      Last edited by 0311Grunt; 08-29-2008, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Last edited by 0311Grunt; 08-29-2008, 03:17 AM.

Comment

What do you think of a dept. where the chief was appointed by his daddy the mayor?

Comment

You think "Welcome to Cook County"

Comment

What 0311 said. Their guys did a good job when Pookie answered the motel door and started shooting on Cicero Av. 6 months ago. I was there for the aftermath (sent there to assist them, if needed) and was impressed at how well they cut off the crimes scene, dispersed unruly gangbanger sympathizers, and waded into a crowd of about 75 to arrest another participant in the shootout, and took absolutely no crap. This was from a town that had maybe 6 cars working that night (although CPD, Bridgeview, Oak Lawn, Hometown were helping out, also). They also had their K-9 unit on the scene..

Also about a year ago, heard on the zone that they were attempting to stop a car containing a commercial burglary crew at 79-Pulaski. I rolled in to back up their car, but they sure didn't need me, they had 4 marked/unmarked on the scene and the burglars laid out in the street at shotgun point...

They stay busy on Cicero Av. Deal with the same gangbanging POS that inhabit Ford City. Only thing separating them is a redlight. 79th St. has a lot of bangers driving back and forth through town, also. Very blue collar, they do keep busy.

Side not: Burbank PD was created in 1982, prior to that (town was incorporated in 1970) it was policed by Cook Co. Sheriff's Police. The Mayor at the time was a wrestling coach at Reavis and guess who his new PD was? His old wrestling team..First Chief was the CCSPD Sgt. that was in charge of the CCSPD Burbank detail..

If you have a problem with a Mayor appointing a person that has the same agenda as him, and is trusted by him, you are in for a rude awakening in Law Enforcement..Do you really think that all Police Chiefs are appointed because they are truly the best at their jobs, regardless if they agree with the policies of the town, Mayor, local politicians?

Also have received professional courtesy on a couple occasions from them.
              Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                What 0311 said. Their guys did a good job when Pookie answered the motel door and started shooting on Cicero Av. 6 months ago. I was there for the aftermath (sent there to assist them, if needed) and was impressed at how well they cut off the crimes scene, dispersed unruly gangbanger sympathizers, and waded into a crowd of about 75 to arrest another participant in the shootout, and took absolutely no crap. This was from a town that had maybe 6 cars working that night (although CPD, Bridgeview, Oak Lawn, Hometown were helping out, also). They also had their K-9 unit on the scene..

Also about a year ago, heard on the zone that they were attempting to stop a car containing a commercial burglary crew at 79-Pulaski. I rolled in to back up their car, but they sure didn't need me, they had 4 marked/unmarked on the scene and the burglars laid out in the street at shotgun point...

They stay busy on Cicero Av. Deal with the same gangbanging POS that inhabit Ford City. Only thing separating them is a redlight. 79th St. has a lot of bangers driving back and forth through town, also. Very blue collar, they do keep busy.

Side not: Burbank PD was created in 1982, prior to that (town was incorporated in 1970) it was policed by Cook Co. Sheriff's Police. The Mayor at the time was a wrestling coach at Reavis and guess who his new PD was? His old wrestling team..First Chief was the CCSPD Sgt. that was in charge of the CCSPD Burbank detail..

If you have a problem with a Mayor appointing a person that has the same agenda as him, and is trusted by him, you are in for a rude awakening in Law Enforcement..Do you really think that all Police Chiefs are appointed because they are truly the best at their jobs, regardless if they agree with the policies of the town, Mayor, local politicians?

Also have received professional courtesy on a couple occasions from them.
                I do agree with you that they take no crap, and yes its been a long time since my dads been on the job in burbank, i have ran into some guys who know him and they have said nothing but good things, like all depts your gonna find somebad apples, they have tried to clean it up alot. it doesnt hurt to test asmany places as you can if thats what you want. oh and my dad didnt wrestle either he was one of the first, but anyway, they do get alot of action. any burb is political so just keep that in mind

Comment

every burb is political? Well I guess I better just hope I get hired by a big department then because I have no connections whatsoever

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11137 users online. 476 members and 10661 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X