Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Firearm Qualification

What are the distances for the state firearm qualifications? Thanks

The distances are 7 yards, 15 yards, and 25 yards. If I remember correctly, I think it was 24 rounds at 7 yards, 18 rounds at 15 yards, and 8 rounds at 25.

Comment

and I believe you have to hit the target 35 times out of 50

Comment

Some departments require higher scores then the 70% that is required by state law mind you.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Didnt they change that about a year ago?

If I remember, when i was with the sheriffs dept. you had to hit from the 50 yard line as well.

I think it was the 10, 15, 25, and 50.

I remember that 50 though..... killed ALOT of peoples scores or passing ability.

Comment

Wow, 50 yards? IMO, that's kind of moving out of handgun range and more into rifle range for most people. Of course, there are guys out there that can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                Wow, 50 yards? IMO, that's kind of moving out of handgun range and more into rifle range for most people. Of course, there are guys out there that can do it.
                You know what, now that I think about it, i think it was 40? I cant remember exactlly..........

I know there was one right after the 25, 6 rounds down range, and that target looked far as hell.

Maybe some of the guys who had to qualify over 3 years ago can refresh my memory.

I know they got rid of the really far one......... everyone at the department I worked for was happy about that.
                Last edited by M.C.S.D; 08-27-2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I qualified with 7yds, 15yds and 25yds. Shot 50 rounds and needed a 70% to pass. That was Aug 2007.

Comment

7, 15, and 25yrds, at least for CPD and the Metros that go thru the CPD academy. The range down there only goes back 25 yards!

Comment

The minimum annual state standard set by ILETSB is:
                      30 rounds total
                      12 rounds from the five yard line
                      12 rounds from the seven yard line
                      6 rounds from the fifteen yard line.
                      21 hits out of 30 rounds within the 8 ½ x 14 target area - 70% proficiency.
                      Agencies are free to set more stringent requirements but they cannot set less.
                      183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7939 users online. 204 members and 7735 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X