300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Island Police

Hi, does anyone have any information on this police department? Thank you again.

there are like 2 or three good cops there rest or power tripping dirty [email protected]#$%^& I lived there for 23 of my 24 years. aka the Island

Comment

I'm interested in this dept. also, does anybody have anything INTELLIGENT to say information wise about this agency?

Comment

They are part time aren't they?

Comment

if u want to be the number 1 ck sucker than be my guest enjoy ur time in the island

Comment

xchitowx,

That's truly amazing that you have an opinion about every single officer on a FORTY PERSON department. What's the matter? Did you get busted one too many times for having dope on you that "wasn't yours?"

I went to the academy (PTI) with a guy from Blue Island. He was a good guy, as were the other officers I met from there. If you are looking for action, that's a good place. The town has been slowly recovering the past few years from industry that left years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
              They are part time aren't they?
              That's what I'm wondering about as well.

Does part time mean no benefits such as health insurance, holidays, sick, etc.?

Comment

They have some part-time officers, but it is mostly a full-time department.

Comment

Man, somebody got off on the wrong foot with the BI PD...

What BlueLine 10-32 said X 2....

Comment

I went to the Illinois State Police Academy with several Blue Island P.O.'s back in 1998. Only one is still working there - the rest moved on to bigger and/or higher paying departments. The town is a bit rough, but it does have the best Cajun restaurant this side of the Mississippi...Maple Tree Inn! If you are just getting started or wouldn't mind a lot of action with a bit less pay than other departments it would be a good place to go. You can always get out later! The one good aspect of working there is they are not nearly as "anal" as many other departments where it can be quite difficult to effectively do your job <<northern suburbs>>

Comment

Anybody know what written test they use?

Comment

Originally posted by OfcrJ View Post
                        I went to the Illinois State Police Academy with several Blue Island P.O.'s back in 1998. Only one is still working there - the rest moved on to bigger and/or higher paying departments. The town is a bit rough, but it does have the best Cajun restaurant this side of the Mississippi...Maple Tree Inn! If you are just getting started or wouldn't mind a lot of action with a bit less pay than other departments it would be a good place to go. You can always get out later! The one good aspect of working there is they are not nearly as "anal" as many other departments where it can be quite difficult to effectively do your job <<northern suburbs>>
                        Not to get off subject but those stuffed pork chops are some good eatin.

Comment

Originally posted by Himso View Post
                          Not to get off subject but those stuffed pork chops are some good eatin.
                          I never had the stuffed 'chops, but the regular jambalaya is the BEST! They change their menu every once in a while so they haven't had it for about a year or so....to my disappointment. They are a bit expensive, but I still go there a few times a year.

Comment

You can work your way right down Old Western from Maple Tree Inn to the bars and Mario's. I always get a kick out of Jeben's Hardware store that's been there for like a hundred years with all the old stuff in the window. Just make sure you got a "pocket rocket" on you when out there at night.

Comment

Originally posted by MJN325
                              BIPD has a majority of Full-Time Officers however they do have a few part-timers. BIPD also distinguishes their Full-Time Officers from their Part-Time Officers with different color uniforms and stars that actually say, " part-time police officer"......
                              I've heard that all are going to the dark uniforms. You're right. The top of the star where it would say "Patrolman," or "Sergeant," has "Part-Time" on it (Rest of the star is same as F/T). Though it is true what Ofc J said, they do let their guys be the police out there. The P/T'ers work 1- man cars like the F/T after Academy and FTO. Rock 'N Rollin' town. Back up Cal Pk. and Robbins a lot. You will learn the job there..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3418 users online. 173 members and 3245 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X