300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod's Plan

Read a post on a web site (can't remember it now) saying that Gov. Rod's new plan to install ticket writing cameras on the tollway will pay for hiring 500new Troopers over next three years! I'm sure the districts can use the help, but I doubt he will funnel the money for recruitment, jet fuel prices are too high these days!!

Actually, they are going to need a lot more then just 500. The latest I heard from one of the local LT's down here is that they are going to be losing somewhere in the range of 8-900 troopers within the next couple years due to retirements. Add that to the current under staffing...and well..you get the idea. They have to come up with the money...and like NOW.

Comment

I'm totally against those cameras. We might as well do away with the constitution. I know the red light cameras in the city and burbs FORBID you to use "I wasn't driving as defense." Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the government's responsbility to prove a person guilty, not a defendant's responsibility to prove himself not guilty? Here's an idea Rod: lower taxes, stop socializing everything, and stop shipping Illinois jobs elsewhere and we could get more money for troopers without this shaddy tactics. A person has a right to confront his accuser. All those cameras do is take a picture of a license plate. Write the license plate a ticket and make it pay for it.

Comment

Let him install his rediculous cameras...........Just a matter of time before someone goes to the Supreme Court with one of those tickets. Some of our illustrious lawmakers down in Springfield also tried to make the red light cameras legal in a few more counties than what already allow them......SHOT DOWN. At least there are some sensible people left in the General Assembly. Be safe out there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5085 users online. 301 members and 4784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X