Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part-Time Police Academy at Triton College?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part-Time Police Academy at Triton College?

Does anyone have any insight on this academy in particular?

I am referring to the one where you actually "go" to the academy, not the STARR internet based one.

Do they PT you only on Saturdays or during the evening classes as well?

Any CONSTRUCTIVE insight is appreciated. I'd rather not hear about how going to the part-time academy is a waste of time, blah..blah..blah.

Originally posted by Detention
    I'm currently attending a part time academy right now. I go from Mon.-Thurs from 6pm - 10pm (more like 9 o'clock) and on Sat. from 8am-5pm (more like 3 o'clock). I personally think it's great because you it allows you more study time and thing are bit more relaxed. I'm about half ways through the academy but I have to say that after 4 months of going it's starting to seen real long (it's a total of 8 months).
    Thanks for the reply!!!

Any insight on the level of PT....meaning is there any? I heard there isn't much (if any) but I'm kind of hoping there is!

EDIT: Are you going to the one at Triton College?
    Last edited by TOPPED_OUT; 08-18-2008, 09:33 PM. Reason: ..

Comment

What department is this for?

Comment

Regarding the Part Time academy at Triton, I went there last year. Make sure that you keep your binder up to date and put some effort into your term papers! Just for FYI, a candidate was FAILED in the class prior to mine, just before the State Exam, because he got lazy near the end and failed to turn in his last binder for evaluation.

PT can occur on any day, but the instructor will let you know the class before as you will need to make sure that you bring your gym shoes. You will start of with running about 1.5 miles, and as the class goes further on, you will run about 2.5-3.0 miles AND running up and down 4 flights of stairs. This is done of course after you have done about 20 minutes of exercises...sit ups, jumping jacks, stretches, and various others.

Comment

DETENTION- where are you going to the academy? The next PEP class at Triton is starting at the end of this month and will go to March. The STAR class is going now but the PEP doesn't start until the end of August at Triton.

Comment

Originally posted by LPD61 View Post
            Regarding the Part Time academy at Triton, I went there last year. Make sure that you keep your binder up to date and put some effort into your term papers! Just for FYI, a candidate was FAILED in the class prior to mine, just before the State Exam, because he got lazy near the end and failed to turn in his last binder for evaluation.

PT can occur on any day, but the instructor will let you know the class before as you will need to make sure that you bring your gym shoes. You will start of with running about 1.5 miles, and as the class goes further on, you will run about 2.5-3.0 miles AND running up and down 4 flights of stairs. This is done of course after you have done about 20 minutes of exercises...sit ups, jumping jacks, stretches, and various others.

Great information LPD....thank you! I have heard the same regarding the binders and as far as term papers go, I feel I will be fine there.

I kept getting mixed reviews regarding the PT and whether or not there was any. I'm glad there will be some sort of PT....call me weird, but I think PT with your fellow classmates builds comraderie (sp?) and brings the class together as a whole.

Comment

I've never heard of a part -time academy at Triton before. Is this new? Can anyone tell me if that there is an age requirement and can you sponsor yourself or do you have to be with a department already?

Any information will really help me.

Thanks

Comment

Triton College is where the Cook County Sheriffs academy is. The Part Time program at Triton is run through NEMRT (Northeast Multi-Regional Training) which is accredited through the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. They do NOT take self sponsors and the age is unlimited as it is up to individual departments to decide if they want to hire you.

You do have to take the State of Illinois P.O.W.E.R. test before you can attend the academy though. You need to pass the following tests within a SPECIFIC TIME.

sit ups
                1.5 mile run

and you have to bench a certain percentage of your weight and pass a sit and reach test.

Comment

Originally posted by LPD61 View Post
                  Triton College is where the Cook County Sheriffs academy is. The Part Time program at Triton is run through NEMRT (Northeast Multi-Regional Training) which is accredited through the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. They do NOT take self sponsors and the age is unlimited as it is up to individual departments to decide if they want to hire you.

You do have to take the State of Illinois P.O.W.E.R. test before you can attend the academy though. You need to pass the following tests within a SPECIFIC TIME.

sit ups
                  1.5 mile run

and you have to bench a certain percentage of your weight and pass a sit and reach test.
                  Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9711 users online. 338 members and 9373 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X