300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you write someone with Police or FireFighter memorial plates

Would you write someone with Police or FireFighter memorial plates pick one or both and why if yes??

Why not? What did they do?

Comment

Minor Traffic Offenses.

Comment

They broke the law didn't they? Out of anyone, they should know better. Becoming a cop or fireman doesn't put you above the law! Not to mention if I've already initiated the stop, so...

Comment

Well I would assume the only reason you would stop someone for a minor offense would be to see if you could get them on something more (guns,drugs,etc.), so seeing he's a cop (or a soccer mom, or an elderly person,etc) i would let them go. Unless they're a Cicero cop, then they might have marijuana on them, lol. But something like going 50 in a school zone when school just got out, I don't care who you are, you're getting an *** chewing and most likely a ticket as well.

Comment

Well considering people that just got out of prison and are on parole can get police memorial plates/firefighter plates, it depends. Personally, I wouldn't want to advertise that I'm the police to the public. It kind of makes you stick out like a sore thumb, especially to s***bags that don't like the police.

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
              I wouldn't want to advertise that I'm the police to the public. It kind of makes you stick out like a sore thumb, especially to s***bags that don't like the police.

You have to love some of the vanity plates out there. They usually say stuff like this. CPD SGT 1, CPD DET, CCSPD 1 , ISP SGT, I BOOK EM, I CUFF EM, I wonder how many guns are in the glove box?
              Since I'm a Jail Guard my plate would say I BEAT EM, TURN KEY, or I"M A DEPUTY

Comment

I remember a few years back when the specialized plates started coming out, they were a big hit with all the gang-bangers in my neighborhood who all started getting plates like police memorial and "prevent violence" (ironic isn't it?). I can't remember what the reasoning was, I think it was either because the numbers/letters are smaller/harder to read or because maybe they were coming out at a time when most plates were still in the "AAA-111" format and maybe they thought a series of numbers would be more confusing for witnesses to remember. Thusly, I usually prejudged anyone driving with these plates to be some sort of scofflaw. I was pretty young when that trend went through, maybe some the older Chicago cops remember it and can speak more on it.

Anyway, the point is, as cubsfan said, anyone can get the plates, and someone who buys the plates expecting that they will afford that person leniency when it comes to obeying traffic laws is buying them for the wrong reason. In my opinion they should be written their citation based on all the other circumstances of the stop, just like any other stop on a vehicle with normal plates. Unless, however, the driver is a police officer, at which point the officer can decide whether or not to extend professional courtesy.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
                  I remember a few years back when the specialized plates started coming out, they were a big hit with all the gang-bangers in my neighborhood who all started getting plates like police memorial and "prevent violence" (ironic isn't it?). I can't remember what the reasoning was, I think it was either because the numbers/letters are smaller/harder to read or because maybe they were coming out at a time when most plates were still in the "AAA-111" format and maybe they thought a series of numbers would be more confusing for witnesses to remember. Thusly, I usually prejudged anyone driving with these plates to be some sort of scofflaw. I was pretty young when that trend went through, maybe some the older Chicago cops remember it and can speak more on it.

Anyway, the point is, as cubsfan said, anyone can get the plates, and someone who buys the plates expecting that they will afford that person leniency when it comes to obeying traffic laws is buying them for the wrong reason. In my opinion they should be written their citation based on all the other circumstances of the stop, just like any other stop on a vehicle with normal plates. Unless, however, the driver is a police officer, at which point the officer can decide whether or not to extend professional courtesy.
                  Its just like a car with an FOP medallion, it doesnt mean they are a cop. As far as the other plates went in the 90's the numbers were smaller and harder to read and the plates were color coordinated. The first one, the "pigeon plates" or the Prevent Violence plates had black letters against the blue spectrum difficult to read especially with a cover on the plate and the environmental plates had the red cardinal they also had black letters but were a little easier to read against the white or ligth background. Bottom line, if they violate stopem regardless of the plate if you choose to let them go its your prerogative.
                  You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
                    Would you write someone with Police or FireFighter memorial plates pick one or both and why if yes??

Why are there police & fire memorial plates anyways? If one supports the police and fire, how bout they dont break the law and dont give safety officials a hard time. I grew up in the west burbs, and the only guys who had memorial plates were spoiled kids who drove their mothers El Dorado, hoping they would get out of a ticket...

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_mwk View Post
                      They broke the law didn't they? Out of anyone, they should know better. Becoming a cop or fireman doesn't put you above the law! Not to mention if I've already initiated the stop, so...
                      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

Rrrriiigggghhhtttt.... I'm sure the Wisconsin State Patrol would love to have a candidate like you!
                        Last edited by OfcrJ; 08-19-2008, 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Chicago_mwk's profile states that he is a "Chicago police recruit applicant". Do the job first, then give your moral position.

Comment

If you want to write a fellow officer a ticket, get him/her jammed up by taking his DL away, then stand before him and your fellow officers as he goes before the judge at traffic court, go right ahead, I hope you feel good about yourself.
                            Now on the topic of pulling a car over because they have the specialized plates or FOP Medallions, thats your choice, it doesnt mean THEY are the ones driving the car, maybe the car got stolen, maybe it's their 13 yr old kid taking the car out for a joy ride. Go ahead and curb the car, see whats going on, then use your discretion.
                            Last edited by 0311Grunt; 08-19-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

And eveyone knows that once you initiate a stop, you HAVE to write a ticket...

+2 .... WSP Candidate

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11018 users online. 395 members and 10623 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X