300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OfcrJ View Post
    That statement is a bunch of B.S. You can take 15 police tests, all of them the same, and pass some yet fail others. Testing at the "top of the list" certainly does not mean the guy/gal will be a better officer. All it means is he/she did better at the test. I guess if a person is having tremendous trouble testing for a law enforcement position he/she can always be a jail guard...
    Easy slick. The "Jail Guard" test is another civil service exam, the same as the "Real Police", so they have the same kind of failures. Just because you're a street cop, doesn't make you superior. If you think it does, maybe you slipped through the cracks, because we don't need that attitude toward fellow brothers in blue (or brown).
    Besides, I know a lot of coppers who were "Jail Guards", and know that it's nothing to tread lightly about, especially if you work in a heavily populated jail with all the scumbags and gangbangers that are no longer roaming the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
      ...That is why they have security jobs for the wanna be's that just can't hack it.
      I think that his statement was in reaction to this part of the posting. Now last time I checked, being in LE, regardless of your position did not give you a right to run people down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
        That is why they have security jobs for the wanna be's that just can't hack it.
        Well I am a wannabe (because I 'wanna be' a cop), but I haven't even had a chance to hack it yet, so my plan is to find a job in loss prevention while I wait for my chance. I hear that a lot of people in that field are people who aspire to be LEO's one day. Do you all think that is a good idea, or should I find something else to do while bide my time? Illinois Police Reserves? (jk) I've already got my bachelor's and have been spending a lot of time in the gym. My summer job is over and I'm tired of being unemployed.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
          Well I am a wannabe (because I 'wanna be' a cop), but I haven't even had a chance to hack it yet, so my plan is to find a job in loss prevention while I wait for my chance. I hear that a lot of people in that field are people who aspire to be LEO's one day. Do you all think that is a good idea, or should I find something else to do while bide my time? Illinois Police Reserves? (jk) I've already got my bachelor's and have been spending a lot of time in the gym. My summer job is over and I'm tired of being unemployed.
          Biding your time! OK.... but with a bachelors degree, you can apply for whatever you want - city, state, federal, unless you've got a felony. Speaking from experience, I think you should strongly consider applying or either state or federal, while you wait for the city.

Comment

ChiCity, I was just like you. I'm from Wisconsin and I had my bachelor's and I knew I wanted to be a cop so I started to apply close to home. I think having any job is good, as long as you do good at that job and don't cause problems with your employer. Milwaukee PD and Chicago PD were my first picks. Milwaukee PD didn't work out(very funny reasons, my BI from an out of state agency came to Wisconsin to do my background and he started to laugh in my face lol, he asked, "You were DQ'ed for this?" I was like yup, can you believe that....But things work out for a reason so) Chicago PD was just taking way tooooo long. I was a Aug. 06 tester. I passed the the written but man, I thought Milwaukee PD hiring process was long. If I would have waited for Chi PD, I still would be at home at the same job making no progress. Sooooo, I had friends in Texas and decided to go down there to test. Boy, that was the best decision I made in my life. I'm making real money and enjoying every minute of my job. I wake up and want to go to work. And you can't beat the cost of living down here, its awesome!! Anyway, you just gotta apply. If you get DQ'ed from an agency, its for a reason. Don't sweat it, just keep applying until you get a offer. I think I applied to about 15 agencies....Good Luck man....

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
              Well I am a wannabe (because I 'wanna be' a cop), but I haven't even had a chance to hack it yet
              You keep trying your not a wanna be. You will make a fine officer.

The people i am talking about our the CAREER SECURITY that could never be a SWORN officer.

The ones i am talking about TSA screeners who say they are Federal Agents

Public Safety officers at university's and colleges who say they are the police because the real police got disbanded.

Or IPR officers who think they are the REAL POLICE 24/7

I have nothing against Security officers just the ones who think they are something they are not

Comment

Has anyone heard rumors on when the next written exam will be given?

Comment

I've thought about Texas myself and I've looked at various departments down there. Escaping the Chicago winters wouldn't be too bad of an idea!

But the one thing that has prevented me from testing with a TX agency is vision. They want corrected no worse than 20/20 and I believe I'm 30/20.

I had a small problem with the CPD vision test for a funny reason. On the peripheral vision test, I couldn't see because the frames on my glasses were too thick and they covered the blinker. She kept asking me, "Do you see it?" But I realized it real quick and passed.

Comment

If you're thinking about Texas then you might as well consider Phoenix. They have a test coming up in Ohio I'm thinking of going to in October. After that, you only have to take two more trips to Arizona which I wouldn't mind over the winter. And you can still see the Cubs or Sox there so it's like being in Chicago.
                    Houses are cheap too.
                    It's dry heat
                    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6944 users online. 336 members and 6608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X