300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 06 reject

I just got rejected from the psyche. Good luck to everyone else. Hang in there.

When was your Psych.? Did you get a letter in the mail?

Comment

Originally posted by takethecannoli View Post
      That's too bad. I hope that if I ever get rejected by CPD it won't take them almost 2 years to do it.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

i had the written in early june and the psych interview on july 10. and i got a letter in the mail yesterday.

im kinda relieved its over so i can start looking somewhere else and stop fearing the mailbox. and another two years of waiting.

Comment

Sorry to hear...

I know you're disappointed. Don't beat yourself up. Try again next time and test for other departments.

Comment

Originally posted by takethecannoli View Post

The testing process usually finds the officers that are most likely to become future problems and they want to avoid lawsuits. Some people are not cut out for law enforcement. That is why they have security jobs for the wanna be's that just can't hack it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
              The testing process usually finds the officers that are most likely to become future problems and they want to avoid lawsuits. Some people are not cut out for law enforcement. That is why they have security jobs for the wanna be's that just can't hack it.
              The problem with psych exams is that psychology is a very inexact "science." I can sum up the end of every psych class: everyone is different.

I have a psych degree and work in the psych field. Theory and practice are light years apart.

Comment

some people in security would be great cops. FYI.

Comment

And not to mention the CPD psych process seems to eliminate a great number of military veterans.

Comment

Although it's true that the psych test may eliminate people that could become future problems, how would you explain those that failed the CPD psych (sometimes 2-3 times), and apply again, and pass?

How about the fact that CPD tells the vendors what psych makeup they're looking for, and those that most closely match that profile pass the process. I won't even get into the racial diversity the department has been striving to attain. Why else would they say that even though you are not sufficiently well qualified (this time), you're welcome to apply in the future.

The testing process is based on theory, and personal opinion, at that's it.

Comment

That statement is a bunch of B.S. You can take 15 police tests, all of them the same, and pass some yet fail others. Testing at the "top of the list" certainly does not mean the guy/gal will be a better officer. All it means is he/she did better at the test. I guess if a person is having tremendous trouble testing for a law enforcement position he/she can always be a jail guard...

Comment

I never said anything about the psych part of the test just about the whole testing process.

So during the testing process you put on the application that you never committed a crime but during the back ground investigation they find out you were a drug dealer should you be allowed to become a sworn officer?

Also during the process you are lying during the polygraph should you become an officer?

My statement is not BS if the dept finds something that eliminates you because you are a liar, criminal , or 10-96. Maybe Law Enforcement is not your calling.
                        Last edited by Jail Guard7160; 08-26-2008, 05:54 PM. Reason: misuse of 10 codes

Comment

?

Last edited by CD24; 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

97?

Last edited by CD24; 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

so much for spell check

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9646 users online. 369 members and 9277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X