300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
    Honest answer here. Don't poo-poo it until you go and look. Try Salvation Army or Good Will stores.
    That is a great idea! A few months ago, we had a dance at school and some kids couldn't afford to get a suit so we went there, got a few suits and shoes for the kids. I loaned some of my ties out and everyone looked and felt good.

Sears is having a sale on Dockers suits. I think the jacket is $80 and the pants are about $35. The quality seems pretty good, I've always been pleased with Dockers clothing.

Comment

Straight Jacket! With dress slacks.
      SPSC 262

Comment

I went to AJ Wright for a suit that was about $150, and spent $50 to get it tailored in the back of the store. I feel the money was well spent because the suit fits perfectly. Everytime I go to an oral board I get compliments.
        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

U get what u pay for, but a suit from a Target and it will probably fade or shrink the first time u get it cleaned, and the buttons will fall off...U can get a very decent suit at Mens Warehouse that wont break your bank, they will try to talk u into buying 6 shirts and 4 ties to go with the suit, just tell them you want the jacket and pants PERIOD....if you want to save money and get a decent suit off the rack that will last you longer then a Target suit, I would suggest Kohls.

Comment

And when you get your dress shirts, make sure the collar isn't too big or it'll look goofy and feel uncomfortable. Most folks have white dress shirts but don't afraid to wear different colored dress shirts if they're not "loud."

A blue dress shirt with a black suit and dark tie looks professional yet breaks the monotony of the white shirt thing.

Comment

Thank you all for the great advice. I bought a suit from Men's Wearhouse one time that was close to $300 but I realized I would not be attending the function I bought it for, so I took it back the next day and got a refund. I'm glad to see there are some options that are less expensive (Although that guy on the commercials does guarantee that you'll like the way you look). Really I know nothing about fashion or suits, but I have some time, I'll shop around.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

The comment about the quality of the Merona Target suits is overly exaggerated. I found the Men's Warehouse to be WAY over priced for what you get, not worth it.

For example - they will sell a plain white dress shirt for $70. Why? When you can go to the Chicago Premium Outlets (Aurora), to the Brooks Brothers shop, and get a premium dress shirt for $50, a shirt that would normally retail for $250 or more. All because it is one season old (so what).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7653 users online. 446 members and 7207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X