300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about CPS ENTRY LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST

To make a long story short, I will be getting my degree in criminal justice at the end of year. I always get good grades at school. I have taken the cps test three times in a year, and failed the test all three times, but what makes the whole suation, worst is that it is the same test over and over and over again. I dont know why I can't pass this test. My question is how many police departments use this perticulary test, and what is the best way to prepare for this test. Any information would be useful. Thank you all again. The hand out was not that helpful.
    Last edited by spiderman1979; 08-11-2008, 10:23 AM. Reason: Missing information

I've already given you advice via private message but for those of you that wonder what departments/agencies use CPS Entry Law Enforcement Test here are a couple I know of.......

South Holland
    Oak Park
    Riverdale
    Sauk Village

You would think they wouldn't all have the same identicle test; but they do. Nothings different, not even the study guide.

P.S I hope my advice was helpful SpiderMan
    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Dolton uses the same test also.

Comment

When in the hell did Dolton test?! I would of loved to applied there.
        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
          When in the hell did Dolton test?! I would of loved to applied there.
          Dolton tested almost one year ago. I think that only 48 people showed up. The job wasen't really advertised that much one small spot in the paper, and that was it. Also they want you to reside in Dolton after 18 months on the job.

Comment

Dolton is a rough town.....

Cops test is terrible, I've failed that test 4 times plus.....luckily I started to finally pass it and now I'm a sworn officer.

Cops testing agency does have tutoring I believe to help you with the actual test. (I believe they're located out of Schaumburg.)

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no idea how anyone fails this test.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to bring anyone's intelligence into question here. I am certainly no brain surgeon myself.

Is there a certain section people find difficult? Are you trying some shenanigans like just selecting "c" everytime? If you know you are having trouble with a certain section I would suggest focusing on that with study guides. Go to borders, Cliffs makes one that I found helpful. After reading that I have never done worse than a 92 on a test.

Comment

Originally posted by goodfella View Post
                Cops testing agency does have tutoring I believe to help you with the actual test. (I believe they're located out of Schaumburg.)
                I will second that. I believe that the practice session is $25. With the recent increase in time to take the test I see more people passing it. I think the issue before was the time that hindered scores.
                "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9118 users online. 492 members and 8626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X