• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Originally posted by guffyone View Post
    Is this a dispatcher type of job?
    The couple of times I was there, the desk officer sits at a desk in the lobby handling any walk-ins to the PD , information, and directs people.

Leave a comment:

• guffyone
    replied
    Is this a dispatcher type of job?

Leave a comment:

• DannyDresdan
    replied
    I just tested for their opening for Service Desk Officer position. About 250 applicants for one opening. However, the Service Desk Manager said that a new 311 center is in the works and that they'll be looking to hire 3 people for those position by 03/12/2011.

Leave a comment:

• ChiCity
    replied
    When I drove up to Evanston to drop off my app today, I saw Dodge Charger Evanston cruiser. I also saw some black-and-white cruisers, but I guess those were Northwestern police. Anyways, a possible perk to working there; work your way up and you may get a chance to one day drive the EPD charger.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What are the shifts? 8hrs, 10hrs, or 12's? OT available?

Leave a comment:

• PDlife4ME
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
    There's a reciprocity agreement between Chicago and Evanston that allows both departments to patrol for a ways north and South of where Chicago meets Evanston. The Northwestern University and downtown and lake shore areas have less crime than the Southwest region gets. They tend to be better patrolled in order to keep things that way.
    Beat 77 is fun...

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    There's a reciprocity agreement between Chicago and Evanston that allows both departments to patrol for a ways north and South of where Chicago meets Evanston. The Northwestern University and downtown and lake shore areas have less crime than the Southwest region gets. They tend to be better patrolled in order to keep things that way.

Leave a comment:

• livestrong6
    replied
    Originally posted by spiderman1979 View Post
    Can anyone tell me about this department? Is there a lot of action in this city? Do they use CPS Entry Law Enforcement exam for the written test? Any information will be helpfull.
    The Evanston Police written is given by a company out of Indiana. The first portion of the test is a memory portion. There are 4 or 5 sections that you need to remember. You get like 30 minutes or so to review that portion of the test. Then you get a 15 or 30 minute break then you go back in and take the test. The first portion of the test is to answer questions from the information you studied. Then it's basically reading comprehension, a little math, and problem solving questions.

Leave a comment:

• MorseAve1134
    replied
    its got its fair share of action, also got a large college population and upper class population. the politics are very liberal, as are the citizens and the department plays into them. they don't even patrol the bad areas much anymore because everytime they did something they got a complaint, so they decided to just respond to calls instead. the department seems like moral is at a decent level, but not the greatest, imo.

Leave a comment:

• spiderman1979
    started a topic Evanston, Illinois Police

Evanston, Illinois Police

Can anyone tell me about this department? Is there a lot of action in this city? Do they use CPS Entry Law Enforcement exam for the written test? Any information will be helpfull.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2308 users online. 128 members and 2180 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X