300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harper College Police Academy

Has anyone gone yet? Just wondering what it was like.

Thank you and appreciate it.

I knew COD and Triton had one but not Harper. When did it start?

Comment

I believe they're currently running their first academy at Harper College

A few months ago when I was at COD there were people from Harper checking out our academy to see how things ran.
      Last edited by goodfella; 08-08-2008, 05:11 PM. Reason: holla!

Comment

Ironic. I was just going to post information I found out about Harper's "Academy."

From one of the SLEA Instructors, he communicated that the Harper idea is out the window. The recruits were completing their 40 hour on Tuesday night in Will County and none of the recruits were from Harper. We found out that no one, again no one, pased the background check with the Harper situation. The instructor commented that was the end of the idea. The first and last Harper "Academy."
        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

It's a pilot program off of SLEA. I believe they're in maybe week 7-8ish of it currently, as they started a little bit before i got out of SLEA at COD in late June. My dept. currently has 2 recruits there, but no insight from them, as I haven't seen them much lately...

Comment

Just finished week 10.
            "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
              Just finished week 10.
              Ah, thanks for the info. Didn't realize they were that far along. Looks like I'll have seniority on 2 guys at my PD in a few weeks when they start FTO. haha

Comment

so how is the COD program because i might just go there then. this is my last semester at harper then im going to try to get in the academy. Is the COD academy only in the summer or is it every semester?

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsecraze View Post
                  so how is the COD program because i might just go there then. this is my last semester at harper then im going to try to get in the academy. Is the COD academy only in the summer or is it every semester?
                  COD's Academy runs about every 3 months or so. The program is 11 weeks. You can't join it on your own though, you need to get on with a department, and then they send you there.
                  Last edited by Rook08; 08-09-2008, 12:33 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Ohh i didnt know that thanks you helped me out. So if Harper's police academy is done and you have to get on a department to go to COD then basically i have to only try and get on a department man that sucks. I would have rather gone to the academy first. How long does it usually take to get on a department?

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsecraze View Post
                      Ohh i didnt know that thanks you helped me out. So if Harper's police academy is done and you have to get on a department to go to COD then basically i have to only try and get on a department man that sucks. I would have rather gone to the academy first. How long does it usually take to get on a department?

If you do get hired by a department you will go to the academy first. Apply at departments when they are hiring and when you get on an acceptablity list they will hire off that. Most departments have a two year eligiblity list so once you start the process it can take up to two years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5369 users online. 243 members and 5126 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X