300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho Troopers

Anyone know anything about working with the Idaho troopers? What sort of reputation does ISP have? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I know im taking the test when it opens on the 10th.

Comment

Good luck with it!

Comment

I think their pay is getting better, but as far as I know, they don't offer any extra pay for being assigned to areas where there might be a higher cost of living. These would probably be the Boise and Couer d'Alene areas and maybe the Sun Valley area.

Several years ago, they did not give you any credit for LE experience. That is everyone started at the same pay grade regardless of prior experience. So, a new hire with a GED, who previously worked at McD's, would be making as much as an experienced officer with a Bachelors and higher POST certification. It appears that has changed as now they are offering different pay grades depending on your years of service.

My understanding is that ISP and Idaho Department of Law Enforcement (IDLE...that always cracked me up!) merged a few years ago and are under the banner of ISP, so now you can jump around to various assignments such as teaching in the academy, investigations, etc.

They also resident troopers, that is ones who are assigned to a certain rural area and basically kind of work out of their homes. They file reports over the phone and only have to report to their headquarters periodically.

The troopers I knew for the most part appeared to like their jobs. I know that there is politics in everything and I don't think ISP is an exception.
        Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by ab04 View Post
          I know im taking the test when it opens on the 10th.
          It opens on the 10th of August or September? I just saw the website mentioned September.
          Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Yeah they just changed it, makes me mad.

Comment

Originally posted by ab04 View Post
              Yeah they just changed it, makes me mad.
              Did I mention the whole state hiring process can also be on the unorganized side?

If you want details, PM me.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

dang BARKALOT......you are ALL over the country

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
                  dang BARKALOT......you are ALL over the country
                  LOL! Caught you hangin' on the Idaho forum?

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by barkalot View Post
                    LOL! Caught you hangin' on the Idaho forum?
                    Yup ! too bad it is only one thread

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4247 users online. 241 members and 4006 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X