300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho State Police

I have always wanted to be part of a state police organization. How do you all like the ISP? What do you like best about it?

Hmmm.... Not many come here I guess.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply. I would love to hear anyone else's opinions as well. I really value the opinions of those who live in another state as well as from other agencies in the state.

Thanks again.

Comment

Does ISP have a aviation department?

Comment

ISP is a good agency, lot's of politics I hear. But overall good, very long hiring process about 11 months, but excellent benefits, good pay depending on where you are stationed. They just got the Dodge contract and will all have new chargers or Durango's with Hemi's. The best of all as far as equipment goes and they get the best training in the state for the most part. Not sure if they have an aviation dept. Here is their hiring site: http://dhr.idaho.gov/ I'm pretty sure they are taking apps right now, they are desperate like all agencies in Idaho, I think starting wage is about $16.50/hr with good raises. Good luck let me know if you have any other questions about Idaho.

Comment

They just finished an application period in March. I don't think they'll have another one for at least six months.
            "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by nrneuha View Post
              Not sure if they have an aviation dept.
              I talked to a recruiter and they do not have an aviation department.

Comment

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
                I talked to a recruiter and they do not have an aviation department.
                I thought every state patrol had some type of aviation depatrment wheather full time or part time. I am looking to become a Trooper pilot for somebody. I am currently a commercial instrument rated pilot
                Last edited by alpha1906; 05-22-2007, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Well, remember this is podunk Idaho. Only 1.4 million people in the state to tax and the cost of owning/insuring helicopters is very expensive. The closest you'd probably get is some counties will rent helicopters from logging companies for search and rescue in the backcountry.
                  He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

Originally posted by trouttrooper View Post
                    Well, remember this is podunk Idaho. Only 1.4 million people in the state to tax and the cost of owning/insuring helicopters is very expensive. The closest you'd probably get is some counties will rent helicopters from logging companies for search and rescue in the backcountry.
                    Sure is a beautiful state though even if it is podunk Idaho. I noticed that they get paid competitively within the state but has there been talk about any cost of living raises within the ISP?

Comment

Shhhh, don't let anyone else know it's a beautiful state.

Without going into too much detail, ISP is going to get a significant boost in salary monies starting very soon. Cost of living adjustments don't happen very often, but you do get automatic pay increases every few years.

I'd work for them if for some reason I had to quit being a game warden.

Comment

Shhhh, don't let anyone else know it's a beautiful state.

Without going into too much detail, ISP is going to get a significant boost in salary monies starting very soon. Cost of living adjustments don't happen very often, but you do get automatic pay increases every few years.
                        I like that Idea!!

I'd work for them if for some reason I had to quit being a game warden.
                        Game Warden huh? That is pretty cool. How do you like that? Most Gamies I talk to love their job. I was talking to a recruiter for Washington Fish and game and they let the officers pretty much pick their hours as long as they balance between night and day. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Comment

I wouldn't have any other job.

In a way we pick our hours. We have no set schedule and are essentially on call 24/7, just gotta be out there when it's most appropriate and respond to all calls in our patrol areas. It can be good and bad.

Comment

How long is the ISP hiring process from the time you submit your initial app to being hired?

Comment

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
                              How long is the ISP hiring process from the time you submit your initial app to being hired?
                              about 6 months... used to take 12. After hiring there is 22 weeks of academy training and at least 12 of FTO.
                              Last edited by troydebie; 06-03-2007, 01:46 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5738 users online. 356 members and 5382 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X