Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only Idaho cop here?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????/

Im not a cop (yet) and I live in Washington most of the time, but I do go to school at UI. Where are you from?

Comment

UI.....as in the Vandals UI?

Comment

Yeah thats the one. I assume from your avatar that you are a boise state fan. I will try not to hold that against you.

Comment

Idaho? They have Police in Idaho?
          If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by 45acp
            Yeah thats the one. I assume from your avatar that you are a boise state fan. I will try not to hold that against you.

Thats Boy-see state....class of 2002! I am a Native Texan, but when my husband got a transfer up there, I decided to finish school and I did. I loved it and now that we are back in Texas, I miss many things about Idaho...namely Sun Valley and the Smurf Turf at school!

I am not a cop, BTW.....

Comment

When I finally escape from this place I wont miss it, but then there is a lot less to miss in Moscow than in Boise. I don't think I will ever find myself saying "gee, I really miss being surronded by wheat fields and liberal, hippy professors."

Comment

Originally posted by 45acp
                When I finally escape from this place I wont miss it, but then there is a lot less to miss in Moscow than in Boise. I don't think I will ever find myself saying "gee, I really miss being surronded by wheat fields and liberal, hippy professors."
                Ha... I never visited Moscow while I was there. One thing I dont miss about Boiseis that Awful smell of sugar beets being processed...EEEEEWWWW! It is worse during inversions which I still dont understand........colder in the Valley than in the mountains..WHAT????

Boise is beautiful and the residents were welcoming and very friendly. For a native Texan to say she misses anyplace that is not in Texas is odd.......very odd.

As far as the liberal hippie professors go; I know what you mean; I had more of those than I wanted since I was liberal arts major. But...even though I did not agree with most of their thoughts and debated with them most of the time....I made it!

Comment

SWATcop,
                  Yeah we have police. The territorial governor usually has them appointed. We really only use them if the indians go off the reservation and start attacking wagon trains or harrassing the farmers or local townsfolk. (I have a great story about that by the way)

45acp,
                  U of I huh? Ya know there used to be a rivalry with you guys. Now we just stomp the bejezzus out of you every year. My boss went to school there and I always joke that the entrance exam involves a bottle of Jack Daniels and two pitchers of beer. They are very discriminating you know! The boss still can't remember freshman year!
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Idaho
                    SWATcop,
                    45acp,
                    U of I huh? Ya know there used to be a rivalry with you guys. Now we just stomp the bejezzus out of you every year. My boss went to school there and I always joke that the entrance exam involves a bottle of Jack Daniels and two pitchers of beer. They are very discriminating you know! The boss still can't remember freshman year!
                    Dave
                    So, you are a Bronco fan ...or just dont like UI?

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
                      So, you are a Bronco fan ...or just dont like UI?
                      BOTH!
                      Went to BSU from '91-'93. Now I am in South Central Idaho. The only U of I that I acknowledge is the University of Illinois! Where I grew up. Go Fighting Illini! Go Broncos!
                      Dave

Comment

I'm from Utah, neighbor to the South. I wonder the same thing about any Utah cops. If there are any that post on here.
                        If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Idaho
                          45acp,
                          U of I huh? Ya know there used to be a rivalry with you guys. Now we just stomp the bejezzus out of you every year.
                          Yeah, the football team is amazingly aweful. I walk by their practice field every day on my way to and from class. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, on my way to class I often see the place kickers practicing. I am willing to bet they miss every third kick. By the time I am on my way back from class the team is usually scrimmaging and I swear they are the only team on earth who can lose to themselves.

My boss went to school there and I always joke that the entrance exam involves a bottle of Jack Daniels and two pitchers of beer. They are very discriminating you know! The boss still can't remember freshman year!
                          Dave
                          I can relate. A large portion of my freshman year was spent either drunk or hungover. My gpa has yet to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
                            One thing I dont miss about Boiseis that Awful smell of sugar beets being processed...EEEEEWWWW!
                            That's Nampa, not Boise!

BSU alumni myself and still in Boise.

Not LE, just a poor ol' machinist/toolmaker/gunsmith.

Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by idsubgun
                              That's Nampa, not Boise!

BSU alumni myself and still in Boise.

Not LE, just a poor ol' machinist/toolmaker/gunsmith.

Go Broncos!
                              Yes, I know...but the odor does travel; especially during that inversion thing. When I went to Nampa with a friend to visit her ill uncle, the smell was horrible.....I still was pretty new there so I just thought Idaho was a smelly place. She laughed when I asked about it and explained why the smell was stronger in Nampa. Gracious.....

So nice to communicate with another BRONCO!!!!!! I kind of miss the smurf turf, you know!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3205 users online. 244 members and 2961 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X