300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserves in the Boise Area?

Curious as to which dept's in the Boise area have reserve divisions. Ill be retiring here soon and taking a private gig in the area and may look to go reserve. Thx

I'm not sure about the larger city PD's but I do know that Canyon County Sheriff's Office has reserves and I'm pretty sure that Ada County's does as well. I know some people that reserve and even work part time for some of the smaller city PD's in the outlying areas.

By "larger" city PD's I am mostly referring to Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, and Garden City PD's. They may very well all have reserves, I just have never looked into it.

But I think there would be plenty of options for you to do that in the area if you wished.
    All comments and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the policy or opinion of my employing agency.

Comment

Nampa has a pretty good reserve program, just be careful because if you do a good job and kick @ss, they will try to get you to go full-time lol. Idaho PO is right in saying the larger agencies have reserves, but they have not been looking to hire reserves for sometime now. I know Boise is in the process of hiring 15 entry level recruits, and laterals but I have yet to see them in advertise for reserves. If drive is not a factor, I would also look at Fruitland PD, Payette PD, and Nyssa out in Oregon. The towns are much smaller, and the drive is only 45 minutes out of the Boise area.
      Nothing worth having comes easy...earn it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8223 users online. 312 members and 7911 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X