No announcement yet.

Does Idaho POST recognize Arizona POST?

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Idaho POST recognize Arizona POST?

I'm a 9 year Deputy/ Detective in Maricopa County, AZ and thinking about moving to the Coeur D'alene area. Thanks in advance!
    I'm available to trade patches...just PM me

I'm available to trade patches...just PM me

Idaho POST website.

Challenge for Certification:

If you are currently a certified peace officer in another state, then you can challenge for certification in Idaho. In order to challenge for certification in Idaho you need to be hired by an Idaho law enforcement agency. Once hired by an agency you need to fill out an Idaho POST challenge packet that can be located on this webpage, under forms etc., challenge packets, Patrol, Adult Detention or by clicking on the following link:

Once the packet has been filled out and submitted to Idaho POST, you can then begin taking online courses that comprise Idaho's Law. These are courses specifically about Idaho laws and U.S. Constitution. After completing the courses you would contact an Idaho POST Regional Coordinator who would then administer the law exam. Once you have been notified that your packet has been accepted and is clear you can then contact a Regional Coordinator to schedule the remainder of your tests. You would need to complete and pass the Idaho POST firearms short course qualification and the Idaho POST Physical Readiness Test administered by a Regional Coordinator before you would be allowed to take the written challenge exam.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Originally posted by WolfPack111 View Post
        Well ya' can take da' Sarges advice or.....................................

Professor, well you please shut up... Gezzz...

I got two fat chicks I'm working on here for the Love of life!!!!!
        Originally posted by mookster
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        Originally posted by CityCopDC
        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Yes, they do! Honestly Idaho POST is pretty easy to challenge with the Basic Police Academy only comprising of 400-some hours in a 10-week state academy. Many agencies do their own version of an advanced academy covering topics not required in Basic Police Certification here.

What's Going On

There are currently 9506 users online. 309 members and 9197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad