300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho departments

Any departments hiring? What is the cost of living like?

i would check the idaho post web site. I think that ADA county is hireing.

Comment

No one but orofino and McCall is hiring that I have found.

Comment

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ida...b&jobID=464513

IFPD is hiring, but I just noticed this forum. The closing date is TODAY!!!

For Eastern Idaho, IFPD is the best paying, personal use vehicle, and off duty gigs around. Cost of living is extremely low compared with pay/benefits. Western Idaho (Boise, Nampa) pay very well and have a good benefits package. Depends on what you're looking for.

Comment

I'm flying from Austin to test on the 16-17 for Idaho Falls PD... Hopefully my exercise regiment will help me a bit with the higher elevation pt testing.

The wife wants mountains... I will give her the tetons haha.
          Last edited by darkhorse6; 07-05-2012, 11:10 AM. Reason: typo
          Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
          Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
          The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Any information about Idaho Department of Corrections?

Comment

They have openings several times a year for Correctional Officer positions. As a matter of fact I think there is a current opening now.
              All comments and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the policy or opinion of my employing agency.

Comment

I don't work for IDOC, but the girl I'm laying next to right now does. The academy is 5 weeks, it is held in Meridian, ID. The morale is so-so depending on which institution you work. They make about 13.80 an hour which in Idaho is decent. They do not have a Union. They were being paid in comp time in lieu of overtime, but I hear that may change. At the academy you qualify with the Glock 22, shotgun, and AR-15. Your are sworn correctional officers, at least that's what your badge says. There is a high turnover rate. Also if you leave before you complete two years, they make you pay them back for the training. Please excuse any grammar errors, half my minds on this post an the other on her.
                Nothing worth having comes easy...earn it

Comment

It is a bit different running at 4,700 feet. If she likes mountains so much you should climb the Tetons while you're here (I assume you probably went back home by now though). One of the IFPD guys is an avid mountain climber and hits the Tetons a few times a year I think.

IFPD is good for workouts though as you get to use your 75 minute break (an addt'l 15 minute en route/locker room time) to gear down and workout at the PD gym or any one of the commercial gyms in the city. So for 4 days a week guys have no excuses about not getting their workout in! : )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8238 users online. 313 members and 7925 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X