300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui

Anyone care to know a little about my previous go at MPD last year? We can get this Hawaii thread started again!

Didn't like it on Maui?
    Getting shot hurts. Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you. My personal thoughts is to avoid being shot by any caliber.

Comment

Quite the contrary. I enjoy that island very much and also lived on the Big Island prior to Maui. I was offered conditional employment and passed the polygraph. Two days later I received a letter and they cut me. They are allowed to keep me out of the loop of why they did that.

However, I probably know why--right before the poly--I wrote down a hard drug during the pre-poly interview that I did in high school years ago. I totally forgot to disclose this during the oral board (which went very well), so I thought being honest was in my best interest since I got so far and passed all the steps since this was the last thing to do before the official hire. But the tester said he wished I didn't write that down after the test. He knew it wasn't good because I held information.

I applied again this month. A year later. What my BI told me to do. Round two here I come.

Comment

We do have a guy going thru Maui PD Academy right now.

If you look at older threads, you should be able to find him.

Comment

That'd be me! I'm still around!
          Last edited by Sierra259; 08-22-2011, 12:53 AM. Reason: speeling

Comment

Hey how's training, and how many in your class? You going Molokai?

Comment

As for Molokai, I'm right in the middle of the seniority list, so as long as no one newer than me drops out or gets recycled, I may be able to squeak through without going to an outer district. If I had to though, I'd rather goto Hana. At least I can still work traffic on the highway.
              Last edited by Sierra259; 08-30-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Hana is beautiful but your days off are going to Costco and Safeway. Haha. how does one break a wrist walking backwards....tripped ? I guess rookies have to do outside districts before kihei or other spots?

Comment

I have a couple of good friends who teach at the academy as well as other divisions of MPD. Hana wouldn't be too bad. Rode with a buddy once "code 3" from Hana to Kahului, and made the trip in record time. :-) Molokai wouldn't be too bad, the island I wouldn't want to be on would be Lana'i.

Good luck Sierra, maybe I'll see you on my trip to Maui in December.
                  Getting shot hurts. Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you. My personal thoughts is to avoid being shot by any caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                    Hana wouldn't be too bad. Rode with a buddy once "code 3" from Hana to Kahului, and made the trip in record time.
                    That'd be something to experience for sure!

Comment

Molokai ain't so bad......they had a traffic light installed when I was there 2 years ago.
                      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Comment

I miss Big Island! Are you on the PD there? I know of one officer there by the name of Brandon M.

Comment

Yes I work for BI PD and that officer went back to the mainland.
                          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Comment

He's still working for kona side I believe. Big island isn't hiring any more. I'd go there again. Loved Hilo.

Comment

The only Brandon M I know was from Colorado and he has been gone for about a year.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6348 users online. 271 members and 6077 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X