300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Gwinnett ?'s

-How's the annual raise/cost of living adjustment work (across the board, effective rating, etc..)? How much is it every year? Is it dependent on the county council?

-Retirement details. Does the county also provide medical insurance to retiress? Atlanta just switched over to retirees having to use Medicare.

-Specialized training. Other than annual in-service and requal. How does putting in for advanced training work?

I know everyone is tired of Gwinnett questions, but this isn't the normal takehome car, weapon, etc.. questions.

have you spoken to a recruiter yet?
    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

^^^ I bet we know the answer to that question... =)

Anyway, I think they are having a job fair this weekend at their facility as I heard it on the radio.. Can always check out www.gwinnettpolicejobs.com for more info... And Narco can correct me if I'm wrong on this.. Oh, and the recruiter's name is Cpl. Thompson.. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Narco944 View Post
        have you spoken to a recruiter yet?
        Yes. Waiting for a few things with my current dept.
        It seems to be hit or miss with the phone calls to the recruiter so I figured I'd ask here.

Comment

I go for testing Next Saturday! I do my written test and background interview based on being an out of state applicant... So far from dealing with the recruiter and HR over there - they have been outstanding!
          All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

^
            Interesting selection of departments that you've applied with. Is there any method to the randomness?

Comment

Narco

Ive got a buddy from Zone 6 who's trying to head up to Gwinnett. He's started the process, but we've been hearin' that there might be a slight freeze in the hiring for a little while... Any truth to that? Thanks bro, stay safe!

Looking for employment with any 3 letter agency...

Comment

i haven't heard that but I'll check for you. if there is a freeze it would only be b/c our numbers/staffing is good right now. i'll let you know.
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

The AJC reported a hiring freeze, but not for public safety agencies..

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...ng_county.html

Comment

i heard today there was a freeze for non certified, they'll still take laterals though. don't know how true that is though. the recruiter should know for sure.
                    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Well before I make the trip up there on Saturday - I will call Cpl Thompson and ask - Also I have been talking to the Head of HR so I can ask her im sure she should know. Im not driving 6 hours for nothing..

TIMOTHYB - not really randomness - I have family in SC so hence Hilton Head - GA is kind of close and the Recruiter was very nice and from chatting with others it seems like a good department - Savannah GA - once again close to Hilton Head and I have family there so no big deal
                      Hillsborough Cty, I live there ( Tampa FL ) so there is the reason - I am going with Where I can get in first
                      and if nothing comes up I am in the running for the Academy in Tampa as a self sponser , and if they have no room at that time I am going in Jan.

Comment

OK just got an update from my contact in Gwinnett -

They are still hiring - there is no freeze for Law Enforcement or Corrections - certified or non - they are still hiring and testing.

Comment

good deal, thanks for clearing that up
                          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

How was trucker Thursday?

Comment

dry hole! got 2 lbs of weed today though...passenger car though =)
                              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5623 users online. 319 members and 5304 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X