300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87th Trooper School

I recieved an email from HR saying Jan. was the hopeful time to start a new school! Lets cross our fingers!!! Anyone going through the process? (This is my second time around... I made it all the way to the interview and psych test last year). Let me know if I can answer any q's, or maybe we can get pointers from an experienced trooper on here!
    Last edited by BrianS; 08-04-2008, 01:42 PM.
    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not!

Best of luck.

Comment

Reliable scources say there will be a school in January, however that are waiting for Gov Perdue to announce it!
      And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not!

Comment

Good luck, I'm trying to talk a buddy of mine into going to the 87th. Hopefully they will still have the school even with the budget the way it is now. You will have a blast, I made a ton of great friends while in trooper school! Good luck with the process, January schools are they best...hell week isn't quite so hot in Jan....unlike the 86th which started a month ago!

Comment

87th Trooper school

yeah, I bet its rough for the 86th guys. I hear its not going so well with them right now???

Comment

For anyone that has been in or is in Trooper school. Did you guys do the "21's" or BIG 21?

Comment

21's ????

you mean 21 then 20 then 19 then 18?? pushups and situps alternating??

yea we did those....but we usually started at 30

Comment

yup, that's the concept! My background packet was received, now just waiting on PT date.

Comment

86th

The 86th is going great. It's been hotter than hades out there, but we've survived. Like every school, we've experienced bumps in the road along the way, but overall, it's been a good experience thus far! This is my 2nd weekend home. Being able to come home on the weekends makes all the difference in the world!

Comment

Brian S...you might want to give Dan Roach a call in Human Resources. From what I've heard all future spending has been frozen, including the 87th Trooper School.

Comment

Yes, HR has stated they are not sure if they will have a January school any longer. They should know more information in the next couple of weeks and will post it on dps.ga.gov All we can do now is cross our fingers. Congrats to POPE, glad you made it through training and good luck, I see you will be graduating in a few weeks!!! What post are you going to be at... or should I not ask this question yet?

Comment

I looked over the Fiscal Year 09 report and found this recap;

Providing the law enforcement personnel necessary to protect Georgians is also a priority addressed in the FY 09 budget. $2.8 million will fund an additional trooper school for the Georgia State Patrol putting 50-75 additional state troopers on Georgia’s roads. $18.2 million will go towards increasing the state’s prison capacity. In addition, $1 million will go towards funding the Identity Theft Task Force at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to protect Georgians from the scourge of identity theft.

So i guess my question is.. if LE was a priority for the next fiscal year and it has already been budgeted for a school, who would they not have it? Im just curious to how it works?? Any info would be helpful!

Comment

That is interesting. I sure hope they have an 87th because I have several friends wanting to go. I'm graduating on Friday the 22nd....I can't wait, we pick up our cars this Monday from Headquarters. I got post 46 Conyers, which was my first choice. I'm excited, we all get a week off and report at 0700 on the 29th.

Comment

Originally posted by POPE View Post
                            That is interesting. I sure hope they have an 87th because I have several friends wanting to go. I'm graduating on Friday the 22nd....I can't wait, we pick up our cars this Monday from Headquarters. I got post 46 Conyers, which was my first choice. I'm excited, we all get a week off and report at 0700 on the 29th.

Congrats Pope - You must be thrilled that it is all over. I will have to PM you my LP so you can ignore my rate of speed on my trips to Augusta!!

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Comment

Congats POPE!!! It must be an amazing feeling knowing you made it through! Keep in touch, and yeah, my LP is RDN43.... just kiddin.

To add a comment about my post on the F09 budget plan. Read this--

"The General Assembly appropriated $250,000 in state general funds to the Field Offices and Services program for the purchase of equipment for the Columbia County State Patrol Post. This is a new location for the State Patrol Post currently in Thomson, McDuffie County. Equipment and other associated expenses will be transferred from the Thomson location. This appropriation was given higher priority by the General Assembly than funding for the 87th trooper school which would have resulted in at least 50 additional troopers in FY09. Sufficient funding exists within the Department of Public Safety to cover any additional costs incurred as a result of the transfer. Therefore, I veto the appropriation of $250,000 contained in this proviso."

The gov. didn't approve the money in order to have funds for a school. Maybe there is a little hope left.

I just wanted to post this thinking someone may find it interesting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6369 users online. 344 members and 6025 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X