300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dekalb Co. PD

Anyone out there had an good input on this agency? I was reading on their web site the Success Action Plan implemented by the new Chief and it all sounds positive. Does anyone on this dept. feel that this is going as planned, and what are the opportunities there?

do a search...if i were you i'd avoid it as much as i would atlanta
    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

How so, any particulars?
      Last edited by mikeg; 07-30-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Dirty'South; 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM.
        "This whole town...I'm puttin it in my reahview"

Comment

here we go again...
          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Brad0451
            The only downfall is it is very dangerous around there...
            Isn't that what you accept when you apply for a law enforcement job? I would see that as opportunity and exposure, not downfall, but I guess all perspectives are different.

Comment

Thanks to all. Didn't get too much info. though.

Comment

If you want to work for a department that is consistently dealing with shootings and other major crimes.. then this is the department for you. I hired a guy from there within the last year and he was more than happy to leave. When I spoke with his co-workers many of them said if they didn't have so much time in or in their specialized units they would be looking to leave as well.. You just gotta make your own decision on what you are willing to deal with..

Comment

True, I do agree w/you Dixie Belle. I am pursuing law enforcement after another long career, and one just has to be sure at this stage of their life as to where they wish to go. It's not a money issue with me at all, this is just something I have to do for myself. Where are you located? You can pm me with that should you care to.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad0451
                    That is probably what I should've said than "it's very dangerous around there"
                    I guess my years of experience in report writing has paid off... =)

Comment

just my .02 cents but if you want the "big department" feel and to work around a very urban envioroment why not look into where narco works over there in gwinnett. I would LOVE TO! They both have their own academy, both have their share of "hot calls" but all in all from people I have known to work at both of them, I have never heard of anyone saying " i can't wait to leave gwinnett" I can not say the same for dekalb. Plus gwinnet has some of the best equipement around. Just a thought...

Steven

Comment

Last edited by Dirty'South; 04-14-2009, 09:08 PM.
                        "This whole town...I'm puttin it in my reahview"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty'South View Post
                          The people who are REALLY interested in running and gunning are going to go where the most action is (Atlanta+DeKalb), regardless of the temptations to go somewhere "nicer" where they might have newer equipment and fancier training facilities. I can't speak for DeKalb but I know a handful of APD officers who have left the department only to come back because they felt bored and micromanaged in the suburbs. Everyone is different so I guess it depends if you want the most action and the highest pay or newer equipment and nice buildings to train in.
                          Here we go again...
                          "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

So how is the OT and extra jobs in Dekalb?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty'South View Post
                              The people who are REALLY interested in running and gunning are going to go where the most action is (Atlanta+DeKalb), regardless of the temptations to go somewhere "nicer" where they might have newer equipment and fancier training facilities. I can't speak for DeKalb but I know a handful of APD officers who have left the department only to come back because they felt bored and micromanaged in the suburbs. Everyone is different so I guess it depends if you want the most action and the highest pay or newer equipment and nice buildings to train in.
                              I do appreciate everyone that has replied. I do want a more urban setting, and I'm not so worried about the $$$ because I am not pursuing this for that reason. Been in a career for over 20 years for that reason, and that's not why you should stay somewhere. Also, if I get the equipment needed to get the job done that will suffice. I just want this profession...period!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3509 users online. 201 members and 3308 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X