• Show
Clear All

• What does Gwinnett Carry?

Do they carry the Glock 17 or Glock 22?

Glock 17's are getting phased in.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlpirate View Post
      Do they carry the Glock 17 or Glock 22?
      What does it matter....? They get issued weapons to do their job....

If a certain brand/caliber makes you decide what Agency you want to get on with.....then you need to back-up, re-group, and decide what you want to do with your life....... as there is more to an agency than just what they carry......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        What does it matter....? They get issued weapons to do their job....

If a certain brand/caliber makes you decide what Agency you want to get on with.....then you need to back-up, re-group, and decide what you want to do with your life....... as there is more to an agency than just what they carry......

Why do you sound so hostle? It was a very simple question with a simple response. I did not mean to imply that I was soloy consdiering this agency beacuse of a firearm's choice. I was asking for the reason as I would like to purchase one of these firearms before I begin the academy to grow used to it. Currently I own a Beretta and Glock is a much different gun. Anyway.... To hte other reply. Im suprised they are phasing in glock 17's I thought most agencies were going to a larger cailber Bullet.

Comment

if you work for them they will explain to you why they chose what they chose and it makes a lot of sense. also don't get to used to shooting because they are going to teach you how to shoot their gun in their way. it isn't hard and you will be better off having no habits than bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by whatnext View Post
            if you work for them they will explain to you why they chose what they chose and it makes a lot of sense. also don't get to used to shooting because they are going to teach you how to shoot their gun in their way. it isn't hard and you will be better off having no habits than bad habits.
            +1
            GCPD is very serious about its firearms training. Every officer gets 2 solid weeks in the academy. To answer your question, most carry the S&W 5903 9mm. As stated above Glock 17s are being phased in. Every new academy grad gets a Glock while the rest of us who have been here for a bit have to wait to get one.
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

what is gwinett's policy on carrying your own personal firearm, ie.. .45 glock or .40 glock, hk, etc... and what about patrol rifles, are they issued or do you provide your own?

Comment

dept issued rifles are SLOWLY being phased in. if you have your own you may carry it in your patrol car upon completing the 40 hour patrol rifle class and qualifying on the gcpd rifle course

if you have a glock .40 of your own you may carry it as a primary. just gotta qualify and do the gcpd glock transition course. you may carry a .45 as a backup but not as your primary weapon.
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

10-4 thanks for the info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3202 users online. 157 members and 3045 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X