300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsp??

My wife and I were looking to relocate to South Georgia and I was looking at GSP as an option. I have couple years of sworn law enforcement experience in Florida and still currently work for an agency down here. Any recommendations or thoughts about GSP?

There is a GSP Trooper on these boards. I learned that GSP works five eights and days off/shifts schedule rotates weekly and randomly based on seniority. . Also have to complete the entire six month academy (no lateral), which typically only has a 40-60% pass rate (depending on the class). No pension.

Definitely squared away though.
    Last edited by chapmanp1; 07-04-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Actually GSP has a new program now for a shorter academy for those that are already certified. I don't know any details about it and only saw an advertisement for it somewheres. I would look them up for more details on it.

​​​​​​If you like traffic enforcement, DUI's and working a lot of accidents then go for it. If you want more of a variety there's plenty of municipal and county departments hiring.

GA also has an EOT program now and there is a thread on here about it. No idea how or if GSP will consider it.

Comment

Just found this...

http://gatrooper.com/faq.html

Comment

The lateral academy is only for GA POST certified; my understanding is that they only plan to offer it once in JAN 2022.

EOT has been difficult to figure out as well. GA POST couldn’t tell me when, or how often, they offer the test. I also had difficulty determining where to get the correct study material.

If you figure it out...let us know. I think the thread is outdated due to COVID.

If you REALLY want to do Trooper work, but don’t want to deal with EOT, SCHP just got a big pay raise and their lateral academy is only one to two months. Similar job description as GSP, but I think they assist more with hot calls in the rural counties.

Either way...everyone is hiring.
          Last edited by chapmanp1; 07-05-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Their academy is long but GSP are known not to be F***** with. They will chase you for low tire tread and pit you at 120+ MPH then foot the bill over to your baby mamma’s house.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmanp1 View Post
              The lateral academy is only for GA POST certified; my understanding is that they only plan to offer it once in JAN 2022.

EOT has been difficult to figure out as well. GA POST couldn’t tell me when, or how often, they offer the test. I also had difficulty determining where to get the correct study material.

If you figure it out...let us know. I think the thread is outdated due to COVID.

If you REALLY want to do Trooper work, but don’t want to deal with EOT, SCHP just got a big pay raise and their lateral academy is only one to two months. Similar job description as GSP, but I think they assist more with hot calls in the rural counties.

Either way...everyone is hiring.

How is the South Carolina Highway Patrol in terms of an agency?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2609 users online. 144 members and 2465 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X