300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police academy question

I am Asian American ( I’m not a nature born here just migrated to U.S.A 8 years ago) Now I’m try to get in to the Clayton Regional Law Enforcement Academy in July and I would like to know if anyone on here has went or know what it is like and what I should be expecting. Please! Any Information In General Will Be Helpful. I know this is a stupid question, but English is my second language so I really, really, really! Need a hint before the academy date. I am appreciating everybody comment and advice. Being a police officer is my dreams and my goals, yours wisdom and expertise will keep my dreams alive. Once again thank in advance.

I just finished the academy in Columbus Georgia.
    I have heard that clayton is a military style academy.What I mean by that is that they run and have regular PT.The academy is easy if you study the matrial. It is a very demanding and calls for 100% dedication.
    If you have any more questions ask and I will try to help.

Comment

Para-military- lots of PT, yelling etc.
      You stay there during the week, not sure if you can go home on weekends.

Good luck

Comment

W1968 is correct about if you study the material & there is regular PT, but it will help you in the end. I am there right now. Trust me, I lost about 30lbs & put on pure muscle, I dont think my uniform fits me anymore. I graduate in 4 days from today.
        This is incorrect, we go home everyday after we are done with the block of instruction from our instructors. no one stays at clayton overnight or on weekends. If you need more info email me.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
          Para-military- lots of PT, yelling etc.

Good luck
          Not true about staying there. They give you the option to stay on campus in Forsyth when you go to EVOC, but other than that, you leave everyday. The closest thing that I’ve heard that would come close to staying at Clayton stems from recruits that were sent there from Savannah, GA. Their agency provided them with a hotel through the week and returned home on the weekends.

All of that is based off of first hand knowledge!

Comment

Oh well.. A few officers I know told me that.. Dont know why..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3220 users online. 152 members and 3068 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X