Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Probation

Hey guys,

so I’m on post probation for a minor policy violation that resulted ina resign in lieu, I’m certified corrections, jail, and basic mandate. As of this year I got about 10 years in the field between county and state.
    I have around 1,115 Post credit hours, and was even a Lieutenant for the state but I’m having a heck of a time find a job back in the field. Any advice guys?

A minor policy violation doesn't usually result in a resignation in lieu and POST probation. Come on, spill it. Without knowing exactly what you did, it's hard to give you a meaningful answer.

Remember, none of us here have any idea who southernscout is, so unless you use this screen name on other websites where folks know who you are, you are fairly anonymous.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Essentially in a nut shell, the incident happened about a year prior, but tobacco was found in a lobby of the jail, we did a report and flushed it. After review, it was said to be mishandling of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by southernscout View Post
        Essentially in a nut shell, the incident happened about a year prior, but tobacco was found in a lobby of the jail, we did a report and flushed it. After review, it was said to be mishandling of evidence.
        I suspect Iowa will be along in a bit to have a chat with you.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Iowa? I’m not sure exactly what that means

Comment

• L-1
            L-1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Another forum member who specializes in corrections issues.

Ahhhh I see..

Comment

I personally don't see the route that the above incident results in someone getting fired. Oh I can see if the person flushing the "evidence" was covering for another staff member but I don't see it the way you described.

According to your description (as copied above) the tobacco was found property & not evidence. If it had made it to the secure portion of the jail it COULD be categorized as "evidence

What you describe sounds much more to me like the agency trying to get rid of someone they really don't want working for them and using whatever means they have available to make that separation happen.

BUT, I am only acting on your words...................as well as 42 plus years in the field of Law Enforcement / Corrections where over half of that time I have functioned as a supervisor.

Hey guys,

so I’m on post probation for a minor policy violation that resulted ina resign in lieu, I’m certified corrections, jail, and basic mandate. As of this year I got about 10 years in the field between county and state.
            I have around 1,115 Post credit hours, and was even a Lieutenant for the state but I’m having a heck of a time find a job back in the field. Any advice guys?
            Cutting to the answer to THIS question
            I don't know of any reputable agency that is going to hire someone who's LE/Corrections certification is on probation for a policy violation AND who resigned while under investigation because as L-1 stated above "A minor policy violation doesn't usually result in a resignation in lieu and POST probation."

Sorry but that is my view of the situation
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6478 users online. 375 members and 6103 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X