300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta police 2021

Has anyone heard anything about the process for Atlanta this year? I am in the process was sent to back ground a month ago and haven’t heard anything.

I wouldn’t apply there if they gave me a Bugatti to drive around and 250k a year. The Mayor will f*** you, city council will f*** you. God forbid you get into a shooting in just one of their many piece of S*** communities. You better have FOP on standby.

Comment

Originally posted by losjames15 View Post
      Has anyone heard anything about the process for Atlanta this year? I am in the process was sent to back ground a month ago and haven’t heard anything.
      I applied mid last year and was denied. I sent a letter to their Sgt that was listed in the email and somehow my mail was returned to sender. No idea why. Address was pulled straight from the email.
      Stay strapped, or get clapped.

-George Washington

Comment

• Betterlife
        Betterlife commented
        Editing a comment
        Why were you denied if you dont mind me asking

• ZeroMood
        ZeroMood commented
        Editing a comment
        Betterlife I was denied due to "Job Abandonment." It's referring to me leaving a Sheriff's Office without notice, however, it was for safety reasons. When they give you no equipment or training, and your co workers call out every week to leave you to deal with 100+ inmates (small jail) by yourself, it's not at all possible, and it's wrong to expect someone to do that alone.
        I even typed up a statement on that specific SO for every agency I apply to, i guess recruitment command at APD wasn't having it. It's fine though, I've got my hat* in several different rings atm.
        Last edited by ZeroMood; 03-08-2021, 05:19 PM. Reason: Typo

Yes i to am in the process for Atlanta pd since January 2021

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same where are you at in the process?

• Betterlife
        Betterlife commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the back round check I already did the PAT the interview and the Accuplacer exam wbu ?

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am in back ground. I am just waiting for my background to be assigned. I am out of state so I don't have to take the pat and everything else until after my background is completed.

In the background

Comment

Plenty of places hiring right now. Why risk your freedom in a place like that?

Make the wrong split second decision and "you're ****ed!"

Comment

• losjames15
          losjames15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly feel like that is almost any major city around the country. Well any democratic run city.

• Zeitgeist1
          Zeitgeist1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Make the right split second decision and 'you're ****ed'

• Iowa #1603
          Iowa #1603 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much the same thing EVERYWHERE

Here in Iowa we are very cop friendly but I wouldn't want to be in a controversy
          right now

I applied last year october 2020.
        My background investigator just finished my background check.
        From miami florida.
        Waiting for the phone call.
        So i can go upthere to finish the rest of the process.
        PT, MEDICAL , CVSA , PSYPSYCHOLOGICAL TEST AND LAST PSYCHOLOGIGAL INTERVIEW WITH THE PSYCHOLOGIST DOCTOR.
        Last edited by [email protected]; 03-19-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• losjames15
          losjames15 commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did it take for them to assign you a background investigator? It’s going on two months since my name was selected to go onto background.

I applied on 10/27/20
        Was assigned to a background investigator
        On 11/20/20

Comment

• losjames15
          losjames15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied 12/27/2020 and was informed that my packet was being sent to background. I passed their written exam, but I am thinking of just going to one of their hiring dates in April to speed up the process.

My background screen are done.
        Living in Miami florida. Now waiting on the call to go upthere to finish the remaining process.
        Iam Ready for the new challenges and cannot wait to experience a new environment which is
        Atlanta Georgia and Atlanta police department.

Comment

• losjames15
          losjames15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck to you I hope the best for you. I am still waiting to be assigned a background investigator.

Be patient losjames15.
        Everything going to be fine.
        Your time coming
        believe me.
        We'll see each others in april academy.

Comment

• losjames15
          losjames15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I won’t make it in time for April. I did however get contacted by my background investigator.

Originally posted by Donzi View Post
        I wouldn’t apply there if they gave me a Bugatti to drive around and 250k a year. The Mayor will f*** you, city council will f*** you. God forbid you get into a shooting in just one of their many piece of S*** communities. You better have FOP on standby.
        Great advice. Read that several times. There are several really great depts in the Metro Atlanta area. I believe the only one that will send their people to help out in ATL major incidents is GSP. Last Spring, they stopped sending their LEOs to help out. SEVERAL neighboring agencies. Think about it. I loved my dept. and it hurts to type this, but it is very true.
        Last edited by Zeitgeist1; 04-11-2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
          Iowa #1603 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow........................I know your history and that says all I would need to know.

But I couldn't work at my old agency anymore either....

• losjames15
          losjames15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you be willing to share more about your experiences?

• Zeitgeist1
          Zeitgeist1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure losjames15 send me a pm

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4169 users online. 242 members and 3927 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X