300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta police 2021

Has anyone heard anything about the process for Atlanta this year? I am in the process was sent to back ground a month ago and haven’t heard anything.

Originally posted by losjames15 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about the process for Atlanta this year? I am in the process was sent to back ground a month ago and haven’t heard anything.
    I applied mid last year and was denied. I sent a letter to their Sgt that was listed in the email and somehow my mail was returned to sender. No idea why. Address was pulled straight from the email.
    Stay strapped, or get clapped.

-George Washington

Comment

• Betterlife
      Betterlife commented
      Editing a comment
      Why were you denied if you dont mind me asking

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      Betterlife I was denied due to "Job Abandonment." It's apparently referring to me missing paperwork, which i have no clue what it's talking about.
      Last edited by ZeroMood; 06-03-2021, 04:19 PM.

Yes i to am in the process for Atlanta pd since January 2021

Comment

• losjames15
      losjames15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same where are you at in the process?

• Betterlife
      Betterlife commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m in the back round check I already did the PAT the interview and the Accuplacer exam wbu ?

• losjames15
      losjames15 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am in back ground. I am just waiting for my background to be assigned. I am out of state so I don't have to take the pat and everything else until after my background is completed.

In the background

Comment

Plenty of places hiring right now. Why risk your freedom in a place like that?

Make the wrong split second decision and "you're ****ed!"

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I honestly feel like that is almost any major city around the country. Well any democratic run city.

• Zeitgeist1
        Zeitgeist1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Make the right split second decision and 'you're ****ed'

• Iowa #1603
        Iowa #1603 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty much the same thing EVERYWHERE

Here in Iowa we are very cop friendly but I wouldn't want to be in a controversy
        right now

• ZeroMood
        ZeroMood commented
        Editing a comment
        Simply because we're desperate to get our foot in the door. I applied at many other places, APD definitely wasn't my first choice. But gotta do what you gotta do.

I applied last year october 2020.
      My background investigator just finished my background check.
      From miami florida.
      Waiting for the phone call.
      So i can go upthere to finish the rest of the process.
      PT, MEDICAL , CVSA , PSYPSYCHOLOGICAL TEST AND LAST PSYCHOLOGIGAL INTERVIEW WITH THE PSYCHOLOGIST DOCTOR.
      Last edited by [email protected]; 03-19-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did it take for them to assign you a background investigator? It’s going on two months since my name was selected to go onto background.

I applied on 10/27/20
      Was assigned to a background investigator
      On 11/20/20

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied 12/27/2020 and was informed that my packet was being sent to background. I passed their written exam, but I am thinking of just going to one of their hiring dates in April to speed up the process.

• ZeroMood
        ZeroMood commented
        Editing a comment
        losjames15 I'm not 100% sure, but I think once you submit your Application, then you submit the Waiver Packet, then they schedule you for the next PAT. That PAT is apart of their Hiring Events, so you would have to go to the Hiring Event anyway to complete the PAT. Again im not 100% about that.

My background screen are done.
      Living in Miami florida. Now waiting on the call to go upthere to finish the remaining process.
      Iam Ready for the new challenges and cannot wait to experience a new environment which is
      Atlanta Georgia and Atlanta police department.

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck to you I hope the best for you. I am still waiting to be assigned a background investigator.

Be patient losjames15.
      Everything going to be fine.
      Your time coming
      believe me.
      We'll see each others in april academy.

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I won’t make it in time for April. I did however get contacted by my background investigator.

Sent my Application in, then submitted my Waiver Packet, now i'm awaiting the PAT date.

6/10/2021: Called to schedule my PAT for 6/14/2021.
      6/14/2021: Passed PAT and started BI.
      Last edited by ZeroMood; 06-17-2021, 03:50 PM. Reason: Update

-George Washington

Comment

March@2021 Sure did. Background investigation is underway.

-George Washington

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember seeing you at the fitness test I thought you hurt yourself at the end of your run. Glad you passed

• ZeroMood
        ZeroMood commented
        Editing a comment
        losjames15 Na bro, that damn dummy drag uses all of my energy and i'm literally dragging my feet by that last lap lol. I was just exhausted, thats all. How did you do?

Congrats

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get your final offer?

JFYI ....

Y'all can walk in just about any PD or SO in GA and it's a good chance they're hiring. Some will put you through the academy and others are looking for certified officers. If they aren't hiring they may know another department that is accepting applications.

Comment

• ZeroMood
        ZeroMood commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of us (like myself) are having trouble getting in, so we've resorted to applying at places like APD and Detroit PD, just hoping someone will take us.

What kinda of "trouble" are y'all having?

In the past my department very rarely sent anyone through the academy (like 2 in the last 10 years) and usually just hired certified officers. Now is a very different story!

​​​​​​Unless you're failing the psych test, back ground etc you may want to consider other places. Just throwing that out there....

If you haven't already checked out the Georgia Municipal Association. They'll list city jobs from around the state.
      Last edited by westside popo; 10-06-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
        What kinda of "trouble" are y'all having?

In the past my department very rarely sent anyone through the academy (like 2 in the last 10 years) and usually just hired certified officers. Now is a very different story!

​​​​​​Unless you're failing the psych test, back ground etc you may want to consider other places. Just throwing that out there....

If you haven't already check out the Georgia Municipal Association. They'll list city jobs from around the state.
        I think he means a few no's or just having others selected over him a few times before his first yes. Thats what happened to me about 3 no's before my yes. Def not uncommon. Congrats on APD if you get in. I have only been there once for a few days back in 2015. Can't comment on the PD. Is the starting 48k post academy or while in? What's their pension like?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3078 users online. 215 members and 2863 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X