300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clayton Regional Law Enforcement Academy

I am going to the Clayton Regional Law Enforcement Academy in July and I would like to know if anyone on here has went or know what it is like and what I should be expecting. Any Information In General Will Be Helpful.

Originally posted by syncmaster940b View Post
    I am going to the Clayton Regional Law Enforcement Academy in July and I would like to know if anyone on here has went or know what it is like and what I should be expecting. Any Information In General Will Be Helpful.

Good luck
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

me too. hopefully

I have my Review Board on Thurs. if all goes well I will be attending the July class as well.
      hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride

Comment

Originally posted by syncmaster940b View Post

"MILITARY BOOT CAMP"
        "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
        Office Space

Comment

Thank! man, any more advise.

Comment

I hope we'll meet soon. Good luck!

Comment

I am at CRLEA right now, I graduate in a week from now. All I can say is study & exercise now. Pay attention to detail & you will make it. It will be worth it in the end. Just listen, oh yeah dont look at any of the SDO's in the eyes. Good luck. Its a hard academy, they dont play games.

Comment

Has anyone gone to Clayton for the 200hr, out of state part of the class? If so got you e-mail or send a private message. Thx

Comment

K9... I completed the 200 hr portion of the academy. You have to be there for the first week, and depending on your file (training), you will only have to attend the academy for the classes that GA requires. We're called part-timers. You don't have to deal with the academy everyday, you don't take every test, testing is only for the classes you attended the previous week.
                  Waiting on a motor

Comment

The academy is too short.. They focus too much on discipline and physical fitness than teaching law enforcement. The SDO's are top notch, but they get off on being drill instructors. That would be fine if the academy was 24 months like alot of police academys. I took the 200 hr. Coming from a agency from Florida (6 month Law Enforcement Academy) I felt they could have taught more Georgia Police related courses, then lets see.... Universal Precautions.. Just to name a few useless classes I had to take to get a Georgia Cert. I would have felt more prepared when I hit the street.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3656 users online. 233 members and 3423 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X