300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about animal service officers in GA

I just had a question about the Animal service officers I know some states have animal police but in GA I never heard of anything of the sorta reading from one of the hiring descriptions of the job it sounds like this is in fact animal police? do they carry and what not are they POST certified or even LEO?? I say Rockdale was hiring and Fulton County had an opening for an animal service officer.

any advice would be helpful !! thanks in advance.

I haven't heard of any local animal control officers being certified and carrying etc in GA. There are some places that hire animal control officers to write summons (tickets) for ordinance violations and catch animals at large but that's it. They aren't considered LEO's though.
    ​​​​​

Comment

Ours at Forsyth County do not carry. We are hiring though for animal services officer. $41,200 starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgs511 View Post
        Ours at Forsyth County do not carry. We are hiring though for animal services officer. $41,200 starting.
        Thanks for the information guys, $41,200 isn't bad for starting out. would I just go to the Forsyth County website and apply? you know if you need an associate degree ( that's all I have) or anything higher education requirement? thanks

Comment

Dammmmn! For $41,200 a year...., for a dog catcher? Where do I apply?

If it includes a take home... I'll commute.

Comment

Originally posted by alphawolf290 View Post

Thanks for the information guys, $41,200 isn't bad for starting out. would I just go to the Forsyth County website and apply? you know if you need an associate degree ( that's all I have) or anything higher education requirement? thanks
            Yes just go to the employment section of the county website and it is listed there. I’m not sure if they are take homes or not but they may be for “on call” status. Looks like GED/high school diploma and one year experience involving animal control or any equivalent combination of education or experience.
            Last edited by Dawgs511; 10-14-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

Dammmmn! For $41,200 a year...., for a dog catcher? Where do I apply?

If it includes a take home... I'll commute.
              Right? Higher than many surrounding agencies start patrol officers.

Comment

Yes just go to the employment section of the county website and it is listed there. I’m not sure if they are take homes or not but they may be for “on-call” status. Looks like GED/high school diploma and one year experience involving animal control or any equivalent combination of education or experience.
                I applied but their email says high volume how long does it normally take to hear something back? I applied on 10/12/2020 a few weeks? it's going on two weeks soon haha. just curious if you had any idea.

Comment

Originally posted by alphawolf290 View Post

I applied but their email says high volume how long does it normally take to hear something back? I applied on 10/12/2020 a few weeks? it's going on two weeks soon haha. just curious if you had any idea.
                  No idea. It’s separate from the SO. With covid im sure things are a little delayed. If it’s been 8 days so far I’d give it another week or two and then reach out to follow up. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6339 users online. 361 members and 5978 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X