300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?'s about the Atlanta PD

For anyone who works there, how long does it take to actually get hired on? Is the process difficult, or are they needing officers bad?

Appreciate any responses! Thanks!

I don't know how long it might take you to get hired, but the process is not difficult just got to jump through the occasional hoop. Yes the department need officers but the question is, do you really want to work for APD?
    Last edited by APD2137; 05-15-2007, 07:34 PM. Reason: I messed up the first post

Comment

Just say NO
      "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
      Office Space

Comment

lol, is it all really that bad?

Comment

Three years ago, before they needed people like it was WW2, my entire process from start to finish was 2 1/2 months

Comment

Doubt I could get hired ANYWHERE that fast, lol. That's a pretty quick process for a large PD.

Comment

Yeah believe us, just say NO run as far away as you can from this place.

Comment

Originally posted by wspd913 View Post
                For anyone who works there, how long does it take to actually get hired on? Is the process difficult, or are they needing officers bad?

Appreciate any responses! Thanks!

i'll put it like this: Atlanta PD will be THE premier law enforcement department in about 15-20 yrs...the question is, are you willing to invest 15-20 yrs of your life busting your behind to get to that point? let me rephrase that last part: it has nothing to do with working "hard", and everything to do with eating very large $h!t sandwiches on a daily basis...the brass at APD is unlike any you'll ever encounter...quick to throw anyone and everyone under the bus if it means taking the easy way out...we have so many spineless supervisors here we should be the Limbo Champs of metro atlanta!

i've always said "dont believe everything you read in the papers because it's only half truths", but lately, the stuff written is pretty dog gone close to accurate...the chief is losing control, hell, he's already lost the police support and the public aint far behind...

but once the chief, mayor, and city council are gone this city will be a well- paid, well-equipped, high morale dept...but thats 15-20 down the road...

as for the question at hand, it took me about 3 months from start to finish...if you're really hard up on moving to the metro area, try one of the surrounding depts (Cobb PD and Gwinnett PD are prob the best around)

Comment

Originally posted by luv2Bblu View Post
                  i'll put it like this: Atlanta PD will be THE premier law enforcement department in about 15-20 yrs...the question is, are you willing to invest 15-20 yrs of your life busting your behind to get to that point? let me rephrase that last part: it has nothing to do with working "hard", and everything to do with eating very large $h!t sandwiches on a daily basis...the brass at APD is unlike any you'll ever encounter...quick to throw anyone and everyone under the bus if it means taking the easy way out...we have so many spineless supervisors here we should be the Limbo Champs of metro atlanta!

i've always said "dont believe everything you read in the papers because it's only half truths", but lately, the stuff written is pretty dog gone close to accurate...the chief is losing control, hell, he's already lost the police support and the public aint far behind...

but once the chief, mayor, and city council are gone this city will be a well- paid, well-equipped, high morale dept...but thats 15-20 down the road...

as for the question at hand, it took me about 3 months from start to finish...if you're really hard up on moving to the metro area, try one of the surrounding depts (Cobb PD and Gwinnett PD are prob the best around)
                  Wonder how Clark Howard would do as mayor... Concerning the PD that is..

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
                    Wonder how Clark Howard would do as mayor... Concerning the PD that is..
                    From how cheap and fruggle he is, I doubt we'd see any increase in pay...

As for the original post... Just search APD, you'll find all your answers and then some.

On a side note... This is exactly why we wont ever see incriments or a raise. They dont care when we leave, becuase there are 30 more young applicants who dont know how it is, ready and willing to fill out the app, and start the academy, and replace the ever growing number us of who are leaving everyday...
                    "I have learned to love that which is meant to harm me, so that I can stand in the way of those who are less strong. I can take the bullets for those who aren't able to."

"Violence Is A Language Gangs Understand"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6431 users online. 350 members and 6081 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X