• tbird412
    replied
    Woo hoo !

I did it!

Leave a comment:

• miked6
    replied
    Originally posted by tbird412 View Post
    No, sorry if that seemed confusing. They called the department a few hours later, and then a little while later the Major called me and told me the good news etc.
    Got it. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    replied
    No, sorry if that seemed confusing. They called the department a few hours later, and then a little while later the Major called me and told me the good news etc.

Leave a comment:

• miked6
    replied
    Originally posted by tbird412 View Post
    Well I did it. I spent forever with the doc because I answered everything brutally honestly. Even if I KNEW they meant something more serious, I still answered. Example "Have you ever threatened anyone with physical harm" I said yes. I tell my kid I'm going to spank her.

So I had to elaborate on a ton of questions. But the doc said it's better to be honest so no big deal.

I PASSED!!!!!
    They told you right there? They made me wait 2 weeks. Usually they have to look at your test questions and interview results, before they determine results. I guess things have changed the process since I took it there. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    replied
    Well I did it. I spent forever with the doc because I answered everything brutally honestly. Even if I KNEW they meant something more serious, I still answered. Example "Have you ever threatened anyone with physical harm" I said yes. I tell my kid I'm going to spank her.

So I had to elaborate on a ton of questions. But the doc said it's better to be honest so no big deal.

I PASSED!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• scuba4321
    replied
    Have fun, Last time I was at Dr Stones took 8 hours!!! the A/C did not work in the cramped computer room. Sucked. Not to worry though just boring. Spent only 5 minutes with the doc.

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    replied
    Yes, I think that's the place (my directions are in my car)

Leave a comment:

• JSandi
    replied
    Are you taking it at Ridge View in Smyrna?

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    replied
    Yes, it is with Stone. Will my khaki 5.11s with a nice polo shirt be sufficient in your opinion?

I hope it's as easy as the psych I did today. The hardest part was all the puzzles and pattern recognition, and I actually enjoy that kind of stuff (used to do a lot of it in Focus back in school).

Not sure why the bigger department has to send me to Smyrna for the psych. I just assumed making me drive for 2 hours in Atlanta rush hour traffic must be part of the test itself LOL

Leave a comment:

• dixiebelle
    replied
    If you are going to Smyrna for the psychological it sounds like you may be going to Dr. Stone's office. Make sure that you are on time and dressed professionally. The written part of the test takes several hours and then you will have a sit down with one of the psychologists. Unfortunately you will not know when you leave if you got recommended or not to the department. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    started a topic Two "Psychs" this week. Advice?

Two "Psychs" this week. Advice?

Got one tomorrow, and one Tuesday morning. One is for a department ... meh, I'd work for em, but not really the 'top of my list'. Luckily that's the tomorrow one. Gives me a chance to see what a Psych is like.

The dream department to end all, the one I applied at just to satisfy my lust to work there, and thought they'd never call me ... that is the Tuesday one. And they said if I am ok at the Psych, I'm in.

Any advice? Never been on a psych. I have to go to Smyrna for it. Written tests and verbal interview type thing from what I am told.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2850 users online. 167 members and 2683 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X