300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwinnett county sheriff

Does anyone know anything about this deptartment. Im curious to what their physical assessment consists of and is it common practice that you have to work the jail first to become a road deptuty or will they still train you as a certified deputy but you will still work in the jail. I mean I dont mind working in a jail seeing as I work in a Prison now but I would not like to get stuck in tha position. Any info about this department would be helpful.
    Line is ready. Shooters ready. Attention!

In Gwinnett County deputies start out in the Jail no matter what. You are sent to an Academy within the First year of employment.As far as going street patrol there are varies Divisions in the department that you can join ,but it is more likly then not you will be stuck in the jail for a few years. If your are not already a post certified peace Officer. If you want to do road patrol then you should apply with the Gwinnett County Police. GCPD patrol the unincoporated areas of the county dealing with most of Law enfocement issues . The Sheriff Department main objective is the Jail and Courts Security.
    Last edited by Elgin; 05-13-2007, 02:01 PM. Reason: Harsh Insults

Comment

Originally posted by Elgin View Post
      In Gwinnett County deputies start out in the Jail no matter what. You are sent to an Academy with the First year of employment.As far as you going to the Road there are varies Divisions in the department that you can join but in is more likly then not you will be stuck in the jail for a few year if you are not Already PoSt certified peace Officer. If you want to do road patrol then you should apply with the Gwinnett County Police. They are patrol the unincoparated areas of the county dealing with most of Law enfocement . The Sheriff Department main objective in the Jail and Courts Security.
      The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation
      by Jane Strauss

No further.
      "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

----------------
        Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:29 AM.
        www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by miked6 View Post
          The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation
          by Jane Strauss

No further.
          I tried ... When I type I never really pay any attention.
          Thanks anyway. I'll look into getting that Book.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5278 users online. 303 members and 4975 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X