300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA DNR Law Enforcement Division

Georgia DNR Law Enforcement Division, the oldest state LE agency in Georgia, is accepting applications all year. Starting pay is now around 41k. Just wanted to share.

Sent you a pm

Comment

I would love to join, however, I wear glasses. Is it possible to get a waiver if I'm already POST certified? If not, how much time after Lasik before I'm eligible to apply?

Also, how much knowledge of hunting and fishing must I have before applying? I love wildlife and nature, but I have zero hunting experience and amateur fishing experience.

Comment

Being POST certified will definitely help you when getting hired, but we do not offer a waiver. Our POST school and GAME WARDEN ACADEMY are combined and many of the things that are taught are specific to becoming a Game Warden. I have a new employee who had Lasik work done before beginning the hiring process. You can view our website www.gadnrle.org for more hiring information. Hunting/fishing/boating experience helps but is not required for hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by warden325 View Post
          Being POST certified will definitely help you when getting hired, but we do not offer a waiver. Our POST school and GAME WARDEN ACADEMY are combined and many of the things that are taught are specific to becoming a Game Warden. I have a new employee who had Lasik work done before beginning the hiring process. You can view our website www.gadnrle.org for more hiring information. Hunting/fishing/boating experience helps but is not required for hiring.
          I'm going through the process right now. I have my polygraph at the end of the month and have a few questions. Any idea which counties they're looking to fill this go round? We were told most vacancies are in south GA at the physical test, and I heard Clay, Dougherty, and Decatur mentioned as possibilities. How does the location preference list work? Is it by region or county? Thanks!

Comment

They normally offer vacant counties closest to where you live. Don't know what counties are open as of now. Current game wardens will be allowed to transfer to the vacant counties before new hires are told where they are going. Depends what opens up.

Comment

Ok good deal. I appreciate it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4848 users online. 190 members and 4658 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X