Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to relocate To GA

Hi all,
    I am from New York and I was wondering if you can provide me with some information about Police Depts. in the area(s) near Atlanta. Also, how is the housing market down there. Any info would be great. Thank you...

Originally posted by trooperCand
    Hi all,
    I am from New York and I was wondering if you can provide me with some information about Police Depts. in the area(s) near Atlanta. Also, how is the housing market down there. Any info would be great. Thank you...
    i dont know how the cost of living in NY is, but i have two friends that relocated from NYPD and they said they made a killing moving down here...both live in 300K+ houses...their spouses also work though...good luck to ya

Comment

Dobut he really understands just what 300k will get here..that is probably like welfare there.

I live and work in Cobb, super duper good benifits and excellent departments. I hear Gwinett county is also a really good department. When I say good, I mean top notch training and their people are always recruiting people from other agencies by word of mouth. I really hear no complaints.

One website.

www.cobbpolice.com
      "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
      Office Space

Comment

Originally posted by Rapax
        Dobut he really understands just what 300k will get here..that is probably like welfare there.

I live and work in Cobb, super duper good benifits and excellent departments. I hear Gwinett county is also a really good department. When I say good, I mean top notch training and their people are always recruiting people from other agencies by word of mouth. I really hear no complaints.

One website.

www.cobbpolice.com
        to piggyback what Rapax said: from what i've heard/ know, Cobb IS the premier agency in this metro area with Gwinnett being a close second...make sure you are looking at Cobb POLICE and not the S.O....i dont know if they have county police in NY but in case you're wondering, county police is the same as city police, with the main difference being they police the unincorporated areas of the county...i relocated from another state and looked into Cobb PD but thought it was the same-type agency as the S.O....i chose to work with Atl PD (big mistake). Cobb PD successfully recruits many, many officers from other departments (mainly Atlanta PD) every month and all the officers who left feel they are now in Utopia...i dont know of any folks in Gwinnett but i'm yet to hear a bad thing about the dept (i know the area has a large influence of gangs though). other depts: Forsyth S.O., Alpharetta PD, Roswell PD, Sandy Springs PD, and Douglasville PD. i'd probably steer clear of Atlanta PD, Fulton PD, DeKalb PD, Decatur PD, College Park PD, and Clayton Co, Henry Co....these depts either have serious internal issues or the area is becoming so bad that it's an officer safety issue b/c they lack the manpower/equipment to effectively police.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rapax]Dobut he really understands just what 300k will get here..that is probably like welfare there.

You are correct. 300,000 doesnt even get you a garage here on L.I. That is a reason why my wife and I are looking to relocate if my option now falls through. Thanks for the info. I will be looking into those agencies.

Comment

Sorry Not trying to steal your thread

I'm from Nc and wondering the same thing about departments in georgia hiring. I'm looking for better pay but I'm guessing from NC to georgia isnt that much difference. If any one knows of any departments currently recruiting with a short process please let me know. I'm a 25yo minority female with a few years experience and bachelors.

Comment

I wouldn't say short process but Gwinnett is hiring and has great training and benefits.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5016 users online. 311 members and 4705 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X