300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwinnet

Hey guys. I went for my oral interview last thursday and I was told I would hear something in two weeks. I'm guessing that would be thursday, lol. I have been nervous this whole time I've been waiting.

Does anyone know if it will be exactly two weeks? It's for the position of crime scene technician. I've talked with a couple of people who are going through the process with gwinnett. I was hoping that I would have heard something this week.
    Last edited by alienbow; 04-10-2007, 06:12 PM. Reason: Can't spell
    www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

It was almost month before I heard anything, but that was also for the position of police officer. I don't if they have different ways of hiring for ID or PO. Good luck.

Comment

i think it depends on how many applications are going through at that time. Honestly i think it will be more than 2 weeks due to the amount of people that apply and I am sure if you are doing a background check or i should say if they are doing one on you then its going to take some time. if they dont have to do one then it should be soon. give it about 3 weeks at least before you give them a call. they stay pretty busy down there.

Comment

Whatnext

They already did a background on me and it went through. I'm hoping that I hear something this week. I'm not sure how many people they interviewed for the crime scene position. I think I talked with you about it before. I think they said they had six positions open, I think you told me eight. I hope I did well and get the position.
        Last edited by alienbow; 04-10-2007, 11:26 PM. Reason: Can't spell

Comment

Does Human Resources send you a letter after the department has chosen who they want to hire? Did you guys get a letter from human resources?

Comment

I was out of state and I got a phone call. I will try to ask my friend, he is in my academy class, he came from Crime Scene to go certified so I will ask him tomorrow if I remember. I would say it would be safe to say next week sometime if you don't hear anything to give them a call. I would expect as long as you meet the criteria you would be good to go. They need people pretty bad. Plus not everyone stays there that long. It's a lot of shift work and you might be on a crime scene for a long time. A lot of people get burnt out on it after seeing so many dead people also. I remember talking to you but I figured this would be easier than p.m.'s

Comment

Whatnext

Thanks for the reply. I have been anxious the whole time I've been waiting. I am so scared that I did something wrong in the interview. I really want this job bad. I worked hard to get my degree and I'm ready to do something that is worthy.

Let me know what your friend says. I'll appreciate it very much. I will keep in touch if that's okay. Thanks again.

Comment

What is the Gwinnet PD like? How is the area to work...like what types of crime? Do they assign take home cars? How long is the academy?

Thanks and good luck to those in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky
                  What is the Gwinnet PD like? How is the area to work...like what types of crime? Do they assign take home cars? How long is the academy?

Thanks and good luck to those in the process.

I've been with Gwinnett since December and to say the least I a very happy with the department. The county is divided into five districts, from what I gather westside is the busiest. They do assign take home cars. Academy's usually run 20 weeks.

Comment

I'm in the academy right now on week 13. It is 20 weeks however ours got extended to 21 to help move into the new building which is supposed to be amazing. It's got to be better than where we have it now. You will get some outstanding training. I was with the military for 9 years before this and I am impressed. Depending on what area you get assigned to will determine what type of crime you get. Each area has it's own type that is more common but they each get a bit of everything. From what I understand from talking to the officers who teach west side and central are the busiest but don't get me wrong each stays busy. I saw 2 people getting arrested across the street from each other in two separate incidences the other day in the north district so no matter where you go you will have something to do. It's still relativley cheap down here depending on where you are coming from. Everyone in the department is helpful. You do get a take home car. They are in the process of pay raises, and you get free uniforms, vest, and weapon. If you are looking in the Atlanta area you will have a hard time finding a better agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5717 users online. 315 members and 5402 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X