Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed283
    replied
    Tbird, I just wanted to compliment you on your blog........it is wonderful and boy did it bring back memories.

Leave a comment:

• MacPointMan
    replied
    from what I have heard if you can get through Basic Training in the Army then the Academy is fairly easy.

Leave a comment:

• Narco
    replied
    good luck to you
    Last edited by Narco; 07-04-2007, 12:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IronFist74
    replied
    I am at CRLEA right now, I graduate in a week from now. All I can say is study & exercise now. Pay attention to detail & you will make it. It will be worth it in the end. Just listen, oh yeah dont look at any of the SDO's in the eyes.

Leave a comment:

• luckyman01
    replied
    any tips for clayton regional,

I am going to my review board tomorrow, If I pass I will be attending the July class.

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    replied
    Not to be disrespectful, but how in the world can you fail the skids or braking? Especially braking! I mean 35mph and you stomp the pedal to the floor when the light turns red.

Oh man you reminded me, the instructor for the written test scared the crap out of me. She handed back all the answer sheets with our scores on them. I didn't get one though. Then she said "If you didn't get an answer sheet back, you need to see your class coordinator after this" ..... she paused and stood there for a bit as my heart fell through the floor thinking there's no way I failed this ..... "so he can congratulate you on making a perfect score".

Scared the hell out of me (I was pre-service and trying to maintain a no-fail A average)

Leave a comment:

• IronFist74
    replied
    Just finished EVOC, I passed but we lost 5 recruits. One on the written, 2 on the cones, 1 on the brakes & 1 on the skids. Its all about listening to the instructors. I am glad its over with.

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    replied
    Oh it's ok. No problem at all.

All I remember from EVOC is the troopers marching (jogging) by at like 10:30pm doing cadences with us trying to sleep. And then again at like 5am. Very annoying. Oh, and they had to march like drill to the cafeteria. In perfect order. Get their food perfectly. etc. Basically VERY military style 24/7. And the living quarters suck ***. I went and paid for a hotel room the second and third night.

Leave a comment:

• steve h
    replied
    at trooper school they run miles everyday? god I got to start preparing for that, anything else I need to know. I think I read the school itself is 4 months then you go on fto for like 4 more months? If anyone has any more info I would greatly appreciate it. And TBIRD, sorry if I hijaked the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Rapax
    replied
    What trooper school or Cobb.

Trooper school they are up at what 5am every morning cranking out miles before breakfast. Cobb has a very varied PT program..running, weights, general, body weight excersies, sprints..etc...every day from what I heard of course

Leave a comment:

• steve h
    replied
    It's that bad? Is it just tons of PT or the way they are treated?

Leave a comment:

• tbird412
    replied
    Just watching troopers while I was at GPSTC made me decide I'll never go GSP. It is rough on those poor guys.

Leave a comment:

• Rapax
    replied
    Trooper school. You live eat and breath trooper school...at least you get to go home from local academies.

Cobb has been paramilitary for years, sometimes the PT is to the extreme.

Leave a comment:

• steve h
    replied
    yalls personal opinion because I have no clue, which would be harder. Clayton county academy, or GSP trooper school.

Leave a comment:

• IronFist74
    replied
    ^Every instructor that teaches there has said so, I am just going by what they said. I have a friend in Cobb & their academy is pretty long. My LT. said that Cobb just started going to Para military. It might be just Hearsay.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4289 users online. 265 members and 4024 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X