Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fellow GBI SA aspirant... , I applied for the GBI Special Agent position in Nov 2018 and received a "congratulations" email after GBI command staff interview in June 2019 and the email says you are in the eligibility list. What does it mean? Am i in a list of pool for selection. What happens next? I am not prior LEO. Are there anyone in Georgia who received similar email ? I don’t see much information on the GBI website. Any helpful information/advice will help. Thanks!!

Comment

• Amber93
      Amber93 commented
      Editing a comment
      First congrats on making it! I’m trying again at the end of the year. From what I’ve heard, is that you are put on that list and it’s good for 1 year. If you are next on the list and a position opens up in one of the regions you chose, they will call you to report to school. But don’t quote me on this

Thanks Amber93 for the response. Wondering anyone in Georgia who is in same state as mE please let us know. I am curious if everyone on the list makes to academy or selected before the one year time?

Comment

• Amber93
      Amber93 commented
      Editing a comment
      That I have no idea, but I do know a lot of agents are retiring so there should be a lot of positions open. I just don’t know how many people are on that list.

Does being already POST certified have any benefits at all in the hiring process besides skipping that step if I get hired? Would I receive bonus points on the test lol?

I applied last year but didn't make enough points on the test to make the cut off. However, I just recently got hired as a police officer but I'm hoping to reapply this fall while attending the Post academy.

I assume the process can take awhile so by the time my one year contract is up here, I could be close to working at the GBI.

Any thoughts or answers would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

It’s a VERY long process (took me over a year and a half to get hired). There is an agent school going on now and will likely be the last one for a while since the budget just got cut by 4% this year and 6% next year. However, it is not at all uncommon to get hired and work in your office for several months until a new school is put on. Being certified doesn’t really give you a leg up in the process since it’s designed to give everyone an equal shot. The job is a lot different than I expected it to be but most of the people are top notch.
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
        It’s a VERY long process (took me over a year and a half to get hired). There is an agent school going on now and will likely be the last one for a while since the budget just got cut by 4% this year and 6% next year. However, it is not at all uncommon to get hired and work in your office for several months until a new school is put on. Being certified doesn’t really give you a leg up in the process since it’s designed to give everyone an equal shot. The job is a lot different than I expected it to be but most of the people are top notch.
        That is very annoying. GBI is now investigating most OIS in the State. How can they be expected to accomplish their mission with more budget cuts?! Good luck to everyone still in the process. Don't give up or get discouraged.

Comment

Budgets, politics, and really almost everything in life is like a pendulum. You’ll have a couple years with good budgets, couple years not so good. Politicians come with their own goals and visions only to be replaced years later with someone new with an entirely different set of initiatives. “Hot topic” issues will swing from elder abuse, to the opioid problem, to cyber crime, to gangs, etc. It is very easy to get frustrated with budget cuts. Focusing on the big picture helps maintain the right perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeBee1 View Post
            Budgets, politics, and really almost everything in life is like a pendulum. You’ll have a couple years with good budgets, couple years not so good. Politicians come with their own goals and visions only to be replaced years later with someone new with an entirely different set of initiatives. “Hot topic” issues will swing from elder abuse, to the opioid problem, to cyber crime, to gangs, etc. It is very easy to get frustrated with budget cuts. Focusing on the big picture helps maintain the right perspective.
            After 20 yrs w/ Atlanta I am only too aware. It's still a shame.

Comment

• GeeBee1
              GeeBee1 commented
              Editing a comment
              No doubt, it definitely does.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12287 users online. 443 members and 11844 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X