300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBI: Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Hey guys, I applied for the GBI Special Agent position in November and received an invite to take the exam. Has anyone else got chosen or anybody here that has taken it and can give some helpful advice. Also, what are the passing scores by age for the PT test? I don’t see much information on the GBI website. Any helpful information/advice will help. Thanks!!

How'd yall do on the test?

Comment

I think i did pretty good. Feeling confident about it. When did you take yours?

Comment

Good stuff! I feel I did pretty well as well, especially since it was hyped up to be pretty hard.

I took it on 1/16 right outside of Atlanta

Comment

I took it on the 16th too, in Clarkston Georgia. Sucks we have to wait almost a whole month to find out lol

Comment

Yeah I was in Clarkston as well.

I was kind of hoping we'd get results sooner since they were scantron, but who knows. They probably want to wait until the last group takes their test Feb. 10.

Comment

Guess we will see. Hasn’t even been a week yet and I’m already ready for the results lol but good luck to you bro. Hopefully some more people in the hiring process join the forum.

Comment

Anybody taking the poly/Interview on the 15th?

Comment

Im an out of state applicant, my poly/interview is 4/13-14. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Huskies03
                    Huskies03 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm out of state as well, same schedule as you. I wonder how many more times we need to be in Atlanta assuming we pass this portion

How'd y'all do in the interview?

I haven't gotten an email or anything, but on the GBI HR site there is a form for the background investigation that it says I need to fill out.

Not sure if that pops up on everybody's, but hopefully it's a good sign.

Comment

Taking out identifying info.
                    Last edited by Huskies03; 02-12-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I never applied for the GBI. In general, agencies like this are going to be very thorough in the selection process. If I were you I would start working on that background packet now and make sure it is accurate and complete.

Even if you are not selected to go further in the process use it or a copy of it to help you when you apply to other agencies.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, any and all is appreciated.

I was selected to move forward to the BI, and submitted my packet about 3 weeks ago. Just waiting *patiently* for the call to meet with the investigator.

Comment

I guess I'll give an update, because I know that it will be helpful to people looking for info in the future.

I met with my BI a couple weeks back, and his investigation is due around the middle of June. The next step from there is the command interview, from which eligible applicants will be chosen. (Not really sure what that means when it comes to being hired.)

Last edited by Huskies03; 07-27-2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• J2H
                            J2H commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The command interview is where those who have a chance are separated from those who don't

• Huskies03
                            Huskies03 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for the response. So passing the command interview doesn't necessarily mean you will be offered a position?

Originally posted by Huskies03 View Post
                          I guess I'll give an update, because I know that it will be helpful to people looking for info in the future.

I met with my BI a couple weeks back, and his investigation is due around the middle of June. The next step from there is the command interview, from which eligible applicants will be chosen. (Not really sure what that means when it comes to being hired.)

Apparently they are looking to hire around 20 agents, and those who are not currently certified will be sent to BLET in July.
                          I plan on applying after I finish my bachelor's next year. What's the process for POST certified applicants? Do we still have to go through the 16 week basic agent course?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12875 users online. 509 members and 12366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X