300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA agencies!

Does anyone in here work for the Dekalb county sheriff office! My question is when will they be hiring again! How is the department. I will finish school this may with a BS in Criminal Justice! What are some of the good GA agencies.

You can check this site out www.gapolicejobs.com. In metro Atl some good agencies are Cobb,Dekalb,Roswell,Cherokee SO,Cobb SO,Paulding SO,Alpharetta and Gwinnett just to name a few. The web site will show what their pay is. Hope this helps.

Comment

What Position are you looking for with Dekalb S.O. ? Are you Law Enforcement certified in the State of Georgia? Just so you know if you are not Dekalb County S.O. will not send you to the Police academy they will hire you as Detention Officer and Jailer certify you. Every once in a while they hold a test for Detention Officers to transfer over To Deputy Sheriff but from what i hear it is hard and they only select a few. My friend had been with them for 5 years and they never offered it the whole time she was there. If you are Law Enforcement certified in Georgia they require you to have atleast 2 years of post certified experience. My advice , look else where in my opinion their hiring guide lines suck.
      Last edited by pateshane; 09-27-2005, 10:53 PM.
      STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was just curious about their dept. I'm actually in school right now but I'll be done this May! I want to move to the Ga area and find a Job with a good LE dept. again thanks and if you know about anyother agencies let me know!

Comment

May i ask why Georgia there are some dam good departments in Florida?

Comment

Same reason I wouldn't move to Florida or California. Earthquakes and Hurricanes. I will suggest mine, but you're going to have to pm me for the name sorry.

Comment

I'm just looking for a new start! love Florida and I still may apply to some agencies there but I just really want to move to the GA area.

Comment

Check out www.gapolicejobs.com

It should answer all of your questions

Comment

Some dude just walks in my garage at noon time and steals! Caught on video.

Hey... here's something interesting...
                  I just installed a cheap webcam thingy on my front door.

I caught a guy stealing from my garage in broad daylight.
                  He just strolled right in. Looks like he was smiling too!

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte368x...ag%20hires.avi
                  http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte368x/thief/

A report was done and the video submitted already.

Yikes!

Comment

Damn maldune... I'm sure he'll end up in my city. We seem to get all of the dirtbags every day. Are you anywhere near Clayton County? I'll keep a eye out for the perp/car...

Comment

I'm just south of the spaghetti junction off I-85 on shallowford.
                      It's a gold 240sx with custom wheels. Catching him on video was ALMOST
                      worth the $100 brand new blower. I'm just glad my family is safe. We close
                      the garage door everytime now. I've applied for CCW and am looking for a
                      good place to pick up a g19.

The dekalb detective said he issued a BOLO using a still frame. :thumbsup:

Comment

Get a Glock 23 (40 CAL)...more stopping power, same size as the G19. Most LEO's in GA carry 40 cal. OR get a 20 gauge shotgun with buckshot (fun for the whole family)

That video is better than most store surveillance I've seen.

Comment

Hey 4 sevens I wish you would have had a couple of Pitt Bulls in your garage that day. Its a shame that asswhole was completely at ease as he stold your property. One things for sure I will not be buying a house in Dekalb.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5290 users online. 296 members and 4994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X