300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatham County Sheriff

Interested in getting the the Savannah area and work. Prefer patrol, but perhaps would consider CCSO. I know they mainly just run the jail.

Does anyone know if they are allowed to carry guns outside the jail? Are they considered peace officers or just jail security?

Shifts they work? Opportunities to advance outside the jail? Any help and tips would be appreciated!

thanks

When I was in the area a few years ago, they worked the jail and courthouse, served warrants, and had a traffic unit. They also have some k9's. Most deputies work in the jail (there is a mix of sworn and unsworn there) but those who are certified peace officers (vs detention officers) are full powered, the same as any city, county, or state officer. They can carry off duty, etc. I think they work 8 hr shifts, but not too sure. Once you've done your time in the jail, you can progress to other areas. They don't really answer calls for service, since that's what metro is for, but I'm sure the traffic unit gets in to stuff all the time.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5965 users online. 321 members and 5644 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X