300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chances of getting hired

42 years young if i dont have problem with physical agility will age be a problem? I have wanted to do this for a while.had some credit problem didnt want to wast my time or anyone else's time. what are chances

Originally posted by coxd72 View Post
    42 years young if i dont have problem with physical agility will age be a problem? I have wanted to do this for a while.had some credit problem didnt want to wast my time or anyone else's time. what are chances
    In LE, we are often judged by our writing skills and ability to communicate. Reading over your three posts, it appears you need work in both areas. The writing skills you showed in your posts are atrocious. In addition, you do not include enough information to answer your question.

If you are serious about entering the LE profession, I suggest you work on your writing skills.

Good luck in your endeavors.

**I didn't see the OP was in the Georgia section, my advice still stands though.****
    Last edited by Country_Jim; 12-15-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

First of all thank you Country-Jim for the corrective criticism. I am 42 years old, I really want to get into LE. I have been a mechanic for most off my adult career. I have no skills that are relevent to police work. I have always wanted to do this. I lost a job about 8 years ago and could not afford payments that I had with the work that I could find. So I wanted to wait until I could get credit problems corrected knowing that it would be looked at and would be a wast of time for the department and myself. Now I feel more confident about applying, my concerns would be my age. How much will the department look at my age if I dont have issues with agility aspect?
      Last edited by coxd72; 12-15-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Coxd,

I see you were just being lazy with your writing. Hopefully, someone from Georgia will chime in. Most of the departments that I'm familiar with do not have a maximum age in regards to the hiring process. As far as your skill set goes, don't sell yourself short. Being a mechanic requires brains (you have to find the problem based on evidence and then fix it), you can obviously write and you have life experience.

I suggest you speak with a recruiter from the agency/agencies you're interested in. In addition, you might try gaining a leg up on the competition by volunteering as a reserve.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

Well, I came at 50 years old, and no LEO experience, but I came with positive mind set and lots of life experience.
          I started mandate at 51, and I did well despite my age. After mandate, I was asked to work with a grievance investigation unit.
          I can honestly tell you that I'm living my "American Dream", and been over 50, it has not being an impediment to be a great officer, or to have the respect and support from younger officers. I came to my Department in 2012.

I hope this help you, and good luck

Danocop

Comment

If you are close to Forest Park, try them. They are always willing to put someone through mandate, so that they can mode new officers. Also, try College Park, or look on GA Municipal Association's webpage to see all of the departments that are hiring.

Comment

Thank you all,I like what info i have recived. Planning on filling out application after new years.

Comment

A couple of my Academy classmates were retired Army (mid 40s). It's all about mindset and physical condition. I was 35. There were several that were in PATHETIC shape and in their early to mid 20s.
                Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Need some advice.I got some application what do i do for the acqaintances section,they want (4) persons not related by blood or marriage or former employers. I dont know 4 people outside of the above
                  Last edited by coxd72; 12-20-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Put four of your neighbors down.

Comment

Update on my process took COMPASS today,94 in writing,94 in reading and 66 on math.

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem getting hired at the age of 42, especially if you can pass an agility test. As referenced by a previous poster, your ability to write a report and articulate why you did what you did will ultimately be a huge part of how well you do in this profession. Supervisors, attorneys and other people will see your reports long before they ever see you in person. Good luck to you.

Comment

Keep updating, I'm rooting for you. Good luck! You bring LIFE experience to the table. Can't buy that.
                          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Scheduled to take a POST test next week for an agency! Question,does the writing skills section require "writing" or can i print the answers?
                            And i do appreciate the encouragement from all.

Comment

They require hieroglyphics style.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4127 users online. 244 members and 3883 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X