300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gainesville PD?

Anyone have any info on Gainesville PD? Looking to get a little closer to home. I know the Chief recently left and there is an interim...

I know the starting pay is low but are there step increases or are they under a pay freeze or anything? Is the retirement with them really as good as it sounds? Also any info on opportunities for advancement and promotions, work schedule (12 hour shifts?), availability of side jobs, and anything you feel is important would be great.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Originally posted by Froto Feet View Post
    Anyone have any info on Gainesville PD? Looking to get a little closer to home. I know the Chief recently left and there is an interim...

I know the starting pay is low but are there step increases or are they under a pay freeze or anything? Is the retirement with them really as good as it sounds? Also any info on opportunities for advancement and promotions, work schedule (12 hour shifts?), availability of side jobs, and anything you feel is important would be great.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Honestly, I wouldn't bother. Gainesville and Lawrenceville have the roughly the same GDP, Gainesville is 3x the size of Lawrenceville, and Lawrenceville starts at 5.00 more an hour and their benefits are cheaper. They may have good retirement but from what I understand, their insurance for family is extremely high.

Not saying that the people working there aren't great officers. It's the whole county in general. The millage rate in Hall County is cheaper than it is in Banks County, of all places. You can't raise taxes at all or you'll get a chorus of whining and moaning to high Heaven.

There is a serious morale problem going on at that department and Hall County Sheriff's Office. The Times recently did some articles showing that low pay is what's causing morale to be so low. They're also interviewing fire department members who are also complaining of low morale.

If your heart is set on it, then go for it. If you're looking to make some money at the base level, go to Gwinnett County.
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

Last edited by blueline231; 08-31-2015, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Which agencies are hiring now.

Comment

Last edited by blueline231; 08-31-2015, 02:40 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3516 users online. 187 members and 3329 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X