Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New police chief named for Gwinnett County PD.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New police chief named for Gwinnett County PD.

Less than two weeks after marking his 30th anniversary with the Gwinnett County Police Department, A.A. “Butch” Ayers has another reason to celebrate. On Friday, Gwinnett County Administrator Glenn Stephens announced Ayers will be the department’s new chief.

“I appreciate being given this remarkable opportunity,” Ayers said. “Thirty years ago, would I ever in my wildest dreams have imagined I would be in this position? Never, but I’m glad that opportunity has arisen and very humbled to be offered that position.”

Ayers will take the helm on Oct. 25 the day after Charles Walters, a 36-year law enforcement veteran and GCPD’s chief since 2003, retires. Ayers said he is looking forward to the opportunity to serve as leader of one of the state’s largest police departments with more than 750 sworn personnel and just over 300 civilian employees.
    Source

Just so everyone is clear, the new Chief is named Butch and the Sheriff is also named Butch.

I think I'll start calling them Butch².
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Always like it when they promote from within.
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
      Always like it when they promote from within.
      No doubt. His idea about CRTs is good. Hopefully, he can push through some salary increases to help stem attrition. They lost a bunch of folks to Brookhaven when it opened. I know a guy that started there at 60,000 / year. He said he almost started crying when he heard how much he was going to be making. That's a shame because Gwinnett has a really good academy and their officers are generally squared away.
      There once was a man who said: "Though,
      it seems that I know that I know,
      what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
      when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4665 users online. 289 members and 4376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X